Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: SIG SAUER CROSS Rifle in stock now! The 308's are here!!

Quote Originally Posted by gcarms View Post
    Any pinned on or threaded devices, removable or not, do not add to the barrel length of a firearm.

Not in Canada anyway.
    Link?
    LEST WE FORGET
    I Will Not Seal My Fate Without a Fight, If You See Me Running, I Run To The Front.
    Member of NFA CCFR CSSA NRA DTOM CATI LEFTY MAFIA

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by gcarms View Post
    Any pinned on or threaded devices, removable or not, do not add to the barrel length of a firearm.

Not in Canada anyway.
    No but we are concerned with overall length not barrel length.

I'll find the 411 by end of day tomorrow if nobody can post a link. Firearm rights Organizations are great sources of info, and when you're a member you can call for advice.
    LEST WE FORGET
    I Will Not Seal My Fate Without a Fight, If You See Me Running, I Run To The Front.

Quote Originally Posted by Sassybee View Post
    No but we are concerned with overall length not barrel length.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    LEST WE FORGET

The barrel length of the .308 Cross is not the issue, it is the rifle's overall length with that 16.5" barrel. You could add a longer muzzle device or a thicker Butt-Pad to achieve the same end-state of an overall length exceeding 26". Or Re-Barrel the rifle with a slightly longer tube, which would be a needlessly expensive solution to the problem of gaining 1/2" in overall length.
    Mark C

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Bartok5 View Post
    The barrel length of the .308 Cross is not the issue, it is the rifle's overall length with that 16.5" barrel. You could add a longer muzzle device or a thicker Butt-Pad to achieve the same end-state of an overall length exceeding 26". Or Re-Barrel the rifle with a slightly longer tube, which would be a needlessly expensive solution to the problem of gaining 1/2" in overall length.
    Isn’t the issue with the folded length being less than 26”? (It’s 36” normally, 25” folded). If so, a thicker butt pad wouldn’t help.

Quote Originally Posted by Virtual.Chris View Post
    Isn’t the issue with the folded length being less than 26”? (It’s 36” normally, 25” folded). If so, a thicker butt pad wouldn’t help.
    Good point - I stand corrected. The only way to achieve the minimum folded overall length is to attach a 1/2" longer muzzlle device and have the rifle de-registered. That, or rebarrel and then have the rifle re-barreled. The muzzle device need not be pinned or welded in order to count towards the rifle's overall length (however it does not specifically count towards barrel's length for RCMP barrel-measuring purposes.).
    Mark C

So.... just a A2 cheap bird cage flash suppressor, factory installed insted of the original tread protector.
    Then submited to the lab as (adaptation commerciale à l'usager) . An other line will apear in the frt.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis-Philippe View Post
    So.... just a A2 cheap bird cage flash suppressor, factory installed insted of the original tread protector.
    Then submited to the lab as (adaptation commerciale à l'usager) . An other line will apear in the frt.
    Wouldn’t the importer be able to add those on and sell them as NR? Seems like it would be worth it just to avoid the hassle of dealing with all the transfers for anyone bringing them in.

Just got off the phone with RCMP tech Ottawa, you can pin weld muzzle brake etc (.308) to meet 26 inch extended parameters (bolt action/centerfire) the only possible wrench in the wheel, can this rifle be operated with the stock folded.
    LEST WE FORGET

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast