Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Gunsmith position at Korth Group - position filled

h ttps://www.erieri.com/salary/job/gunsmith/canada#:~:text=Salary%20Recap,is%20between%20%2437 %2C704%20and%20%2461%2C806.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by trucker View Post
    Care to enlighten us wise one?
    Revenues are what you take in, not profits after COG and Expenses. You can have 10m revenues and not make a penny.

You buy an apple for 50 cents, you sell it for 75cents, you pay your guy 25 cents. You made nothing.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Dexter Morgan's Avatar
    Has anyone ever wondered why warranty work is so horrible in Canada?

Now you know.

Last edited by trucker; 06-03-2021 at 09:48 AM.

CGN Regular
    And this is why people don't publish job postings on here LOL.

BANNED
    you guys keep putting this job ad up (at least a couple times this year). could it be that your wage sucks and working at your company sucks? why the high turnover?

Quote Originally Posted by robak1 View Post
    -Absolutely young Jedi Let's run a quick P&L on this:
    -Annual revenue $5MM
    -Blended product/service margin 15% (just an assumption based on knowledge of similar businesses I work with)
    -We are left with $750K to cover COGS and all overhead. Let's assume $100K for rent, utilities, insurance, write-offs,...list goes on ($100k is very conservative)
    -Add 10 employees at $50K a pop (more like $75K after benefits) and you're left sweet Fvck all

So yes, revenues are completely irrelevant when it comes to the health of a business ,EBITDA is where it is at
    Its about EBITDA and ... Return on Assets.

I could bet you a steak dinner that the costs of Korth's physical assets (lathes, CNC machines, etc) will greatly exceed the costs of their labour for many years to come..... for all any one here knows, the payback period on their phyiscal assests could be 20 years.

I work in P&L accounting for a major player in the grain industry.

Its always interesting to listen to people outside of the industry carry on about the 100s of millions dollars that any one of the companies has made in any given year.

I hear stuff like "Its seems so unfair that they make soooo much money" ......then I usually respond ....

" well.. do you have any idea how much it cost to built any one of our concrete grain elevators in the Prairies ?
    Do you how much it costs to build just one of our export terminals in Montreal / Thunderbay / Vancouver ?
    Do you how much it costs us to acquire the grain that is sitting in our elevators/export terminals ?

Billions and billions in costs.... so if the industry players are not making 100s of millions, then our shareholders will start firing people and will hire new people that will.
    Buy once and cry once. Sometimes half measures cost twice as much.
    Accuracy is a matter of time and money. How much do you want to spend?
    Coyotes outpace roadrunners by 23 mph. They do not outpace a 223 Remington, however.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer kamlooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Briguy34 View Post
    you guys keep putting this job ad up (at least a couple times this year). could it be that your wage sucks and working at your company sucks? why the high turnover?
    And yer trader rating fruck'in sucks too................
    He has a half-tracked mind and unrelenting habit of self aggrandizing.
    Can anyone guess?

Quote Originally Posted by Briguy34 View Post
    The way I look at it ... if there any junior gunsmiths out there who feel their skills are worth more than the $22 /hr offered (which may or may not be the market rate), they are free to contact a commercial banker for say a $3 million loan (I don't know for sure) for the necessary lathes and CNC machines to start up their own smithing business.

And hey.... if their first smithing project happens to pay $3 million dollars, then its a gravy train from there.
    Last edited by Munkey1973; 06-02-2021 at 01:18 AM.
    Buy once and cry once. Sometimes half measures cost twice as much.
    Accuracy is a matter of time and money. How much do you want to spend?
    Coyotes outpace roadrunners by 23 mph. They do not outpace a 223 Remington, however.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Dosing's Avatar
    Alot of ignorance in this thread, on a gun forum no less.
    I add nothing to these boards.... infact, I detract from thier quality!!!
    And don't you forget it!!!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast