Thread: TORMEK Sharpening Systems

Business Member Nordic Marksman's Avatar

TORMEK Sharpening Systems

Our first order from Tormek is inbound. We are excited to be stocking the full line from Tormek... everything from the T8 to the T4 and most accessories.

Well-grounded in the Swedish tradition of advanced innovation, functionality and quality, Tormek has developed a unique sharpening system that has come to set a standard in modern edge tool sharpening.

Who else is using Tormek? What's your thoughts?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Got Juice?'s Avatar
    Great product that produces an amazing edge. I got to demo one a few years back. If you want the best, this is your kit!

That being said, I sharpen and hone my straight razors by hand. This rig will not handle that fine a blade in hollow ground format. But it will make almost anything shave-sharp
    Envy green is not a color well worn. Might want to quit while you're ahead

Uber Super GunNutz
    It looks pretty slick but man there sure appear to be a lot of extra attachments required for the various implements a person would want to sharpen. I don’t know how you’d avoid that but it would be nice if you could. I’d want to get one to sharpen axes and machetes but might need some coaching on what attachments are required vs good to have vs nice to have.

CGN Regular
    Have had the T-8 for years, and sharpen every knife I own every 6 months, I bought it for my wood lathe but it by far has been the best money I have spent on sharpening.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Got Juice?'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by megahurts View Post
    It looks pretty slick but man there sure appear to be a lot of extra attachments required for the various implements a person would want to sharpen. I don’t know how you’d avoid that but it would be nice if you could. I’d want to get one to sharpen axes and machetes but might need some coaching on what attachments are required vs good to have vs nice to have.
    Once you get used to using the attachments for balancing the blades, there is no better system. And the various diamond pastes for honing are endless.
    Envy green is not a color well worn. Might want to quit while you're ahead

I have a T8 and have no regrets.
    A bit of a learning curve but great results after a bit of practice.
    Buy thrift store knives cheap and work with those to get the hang of it.
    Worked great for me