Chinese CS/LR14 7.62x51mm

Not for long. Surplus is all being sent to Ukraine. I doubt we will ever see it again.

The only cheap 54r we've had here for a bit now is the Chinese stuff which isn't going to Ukraine.

Are FRTs a 1 and done deal and as long as this rifle meets the NR requirements its good to go, or would we have to wait for another FRT to be issued?

Last edited:
The only cheap 54r we've had here for a bit now is the Chinese stuff which isn't going to Ukraine.

Are FRTs a 1 and done deal and as long as this rifle meets the NR requirements its good to go, or would we have to wait for another FRT to issued?

As far as I know they should fall under the same FRT just as a different caliber. I am not too experienced in this area though.

Yes Chinese ammo is not going to Ukraine however, I can see it going to the ruskies

I don't know about you guys but I'm saving my money for when the cz bren 2 hits the market... definitely would be interested in an LR14 though as well... not a whole lot of affordable options when it comes to heavy caliber DMRs currently...

Are FRTs a 1 and done deal and as long as this rifle meets the NR requirements its good to go, or would we have to wait for another FRT to be issued?

As far as I know they should fall under the same FRT just as a different caliber. I am not too experienced in this area though.

New reciever, new FRT, 3 year wait. RCMP has to know if the slightly lengthened reciever has enough room for full auto parts.

The other issue is even if this does get classified if it isn't adopted by a military it isn't getting made.
China shops firearm designs to a lot of smaller militaries around the world not everything makes it past show room models.
Also I should note that the CS/LR14 isn't exactly new its been around at military expo's for nearly a decade.

Reviving this thread in light of the new Type 81 DMR variant being imported. I’m assuming all those extra features were done at a Chinese factory, so I’m wondering if there’s any chance these .308 Type 81s could be produced? Would it require a new FRT?

Reviving this thread in light of the new Type 81 DMR variant being imported. I’m assuming all those extra features were done at a Chinese factory, so I’m wondering if there’s any chance these .308 Type 81s could be produced? Would it require a new FRT?

It would definitely require a new FRT

How is an $8k Valmet scalping? Perhaps the SKS is more your flavour...

I'd like a Lamborghini but I don't think the $500k price tag is scalping - just me being poor.

collecting a limited and slowly reducing quantity of a specialty product that is the only legal version of it's kind in the entire country is scalping now?

I guess every person that collects anything is just scalping if they choose to price to their market.

Back
Top Bottom