Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: FX9s in stock..

Can you give us an update on your thoughts? How does it shoot- hold out for 8”? I know you miss your angst arms tho so maybe ur lovin it. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Tom E Gun View Post
    Mine arrived today, thanks Wolverine!

Quote Originally Posted by CocoMelon View Post
    Can you give us an update on your thoughts? How does it shoot- hold out for 8”? I know you miss your angst arms tho so maybe ur lovin it. Thanks!
    Not much to say yet. I just picked it up from the post office on the way home from work this evening. I took off the horrible brace immediately and stole parts off the Angtast Arms and RRA AR's (mil spec tube, Magpul STR stock and Miad PG, buffer and spring). Long term I think it needs a Magpul K PG and an MFT Minimalist stock. I also stole the Eotech off my Kpos Scout.

First imprssions: The general build quality seems good, but the trigger feels horrible, long gritty travel. The controls (mag release and bolt release) seem smooth and well designed. The bolt travel doesn't seem as smooth as my other ARs, hopefully that will smooth out.
    8" ? I would like to compare the 4" and 8" - maybe even have both a 4" and an 8" upper long term. So... anyone in the Kelowna area who has an 8" FX9 lets meet up and compare the 2.
    I hope to get it to the range on the weekend, then I will post a range report.I'll take the B&T along for comparison.
    Cheers
    TEG
    Last edited by Tom E Gun; 06-15-2021 at 02:06 AM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Ipscshooters's Avatar
    I should of grabbed one of these in NR when I had the chance, I was always up amd down about them when they were first released. Next time around I'm buying one hope to see them sooner than later

And the B&T…..immediately the Vince McMahon laser eye meme came to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom E Gun View Post
    Not much to say yet. I just picked it up from the post office on the way home from work this evening. I took off the horrible brace immediately and stole parts off the Angtast Arms and RRA AR's (mil spec tube, Magpul STR stock and Miad PG, buffer and spring). Long term I think it needs a Magpul K PG and an MFT Minimalist stock. I also stole the Eotech off my Kpos Scout.

First imprssions: The general build quality seems good, but the trigger feels horrible, long gritty travel. The controls (mag release and bolt release) seem smooth and well designed. The bolt travel doesn't seem as smooth as my other ARs, hopefully that will smooth out.
    8" ? I would like to compare the 4" and 8" - maybe even have both a 4" and an 8" upper long term. So... anyone in the Kelowna area who has an 8" FX9 lets meet up and compare the 2.
    I hope to get it to the range on the weekend, then I will post a range report.I'll take the B&T along for comparison.
    Cheers
    TEG

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123