Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Team Hipwell Scores a WIN. - Ed Burlew

A win is a win, good job and thanks for the update !

CGN Regular
    When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty.

Great news!

I am not a lawyer, but my limited understanding of the constitution requires that in order for parliament to limit a right, the government must meet two conditions to satisfy the test: 1 there must be a real issue at question, and 2 limiting the right in question must be reasonably seen to have an impact on the issue.

So, limiting my rights because criminals do crimes seems to beg the question: what chance does the OIC have of impacting criminal use of illegal firearms?
    You buy the ticket, you take the ride.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt K View Post
    I am not a lawyer, but my limited understanding of the constitution requires that in order for parliament to limit a right, the government must meet two conditions to satisfy the test: 1 there must be a real issue at question, and 2 limiting the right in question must be reasonably seen to have an impact on the issue.

So, limiting my rights because criminals do crimes seems to beg the question: what chance does the OIC have of impacting criminal use of illegal firearms?
    You don't have a right to own a firearm, so everything after "I am not a lawyer" doesn't really have any meaning. Sorry.
    The right to buy weapons is the right to be free.
    Bureaucracy not an instrument of democratic government but, on the contrary, the worst enemy of freedom and democracy.
    If the penalty for a crime is a fine, then that law only applies to the poor.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer CosmiC10R's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BioPace View Post
    You don't have a right to own a firearm, so everything after "I am not a lawyer" doesn't really have any meaning. Sorry.
    Potentially not, but they did do it from a public safety standpoint so there may be some avenue associated with this determination considering they are not used in the vast majority of shootings and are widely owned and hunted with....
    It's not about money.... It's about sending a message...
    Member - NRA (Bloomie made me do it ) - CCFR - NFA - CPC
    Juster - "I came to CGN for the firearms information, but stayed for the supportive mental health ecosystem"

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by 8 ball View Post
    I still don't get it. So what? What if they don't have anything? What if they do? Do we honestly think this thing is going to be turned around based on what the government can or can't show us? Serious question. Will anything come of this or is it basically posturing on our behalf?
    Well if they used firearms registry data that was ordered by parliament to be destroyed then:

1. The PM may have knowingly used "illegal" data to create laws which would enormously undermine the sovreignity of parliament
    2. As above but for an MP and Minister of Public Safety and Emergency Preparedness
    3. As above for numerous other governmental ministers, RCMP officers etc

So there's a whole wealth of clusterbomb there

Then if it turns out there's no data to base a spending plan on then the liberals will have created a budget based on nothing, which given their history with the $2 billion long gun registry is going to look very bad.

Then if there is data it opens up many doors to contradict it, highlight how poor the data is and more.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine .303 View Post
    We have set up Auto Deposit for EMT donations to the Judicial Review Challenge. No password is required for auto deposit.

EMTs are to be sent to: johnandpat@wolverinesupplies.com
    Not to sound like a luddite, but what about sending a cheque?

Super Moderator
    Whatever documents the government provides will be under seal for the eyes of the judge only.
    The contents may or may not be revealed.
    But the documents could reveal to the judge that the Government's justification for the OiC is superficial. If the justification for the OiC is discredited in the eyes of the judge, the case will be substantially strengthened.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    thanx for the update and even more thanks for stepping in the ring against this attack on the shooting sports and hunting culture.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast