View Poll Results: To paint or not to paint, that is the question.

Voters
384. You may not vote on this poll
  • Keep the paint potentially ugly and affordable

102 26.56%
  • Up the prices to make it look good

9 2.34%
  • Raw dog metal it, don't even bother, lower the price save time and $$

273 71.09%
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: The question: to paint or not to paint. . . pay more to paint?

I guarantee every single person on this forum has rattlecann'd something or other. Raw steel, paint them whatever turbo highspeed operator colours you like when they show up at your door. REAL pros know that you paint your gongs AFTER you hang them.

Surface rust aint a big deal. If you buy these things and let them rust to the point they're actually damaged then why are you buying them in the first place.

A good option might be to just make it an option on the website. "Targets come as raw steel - +$20 for painted"

If 70% of people as indicated by this poll want it raw anyway, you could end up saving time not painting targets you otherwise would have given a quick spray job by default. Then only bother spending the time on it for people that really want it and are willing to pay for your time.

CGN Regular TragicallyHipGrandpa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SgtMittens View Post
    A good option might be to just make it an option on the website. "Targets come as raw steel - +$20 for painted"

If 70% of people as indicated by this poll want it raw anyway, you could end up saving time not painting targets you otherwise would have given a quick spray job by default. Then only bother spending the time on it for people that really want it and are willing to pay for your time.
    ^^^ exactly this^^^
    No dress rehearsal; this is our life.
    Member CCFR, NFA, CSSA

Raw is the only way. Save time and money

I have recently ordered a few targets from you. Waiting on shipping next week.
    I would want them painted and would not want to pay extra for a better paint job. I will do touch ups as needed to help them last longer

Call me crazy but paint the stands and leave the gongs raw? In theory more paint should be left on the stands at the end of a outing
    "Yall gotta go to wallmart and pick yurself up a personality"

CGN Regular
    I would say offer the raw as standard and add an option for rust prevention paint for x$ amount.

That would leave you with the opportunity to have half your plates being sent raw the same day and specify that the painted option is an extra day or so.

also specify that the paint is for rust prevention and not for cosmetic value and I think you'd have a winner right there.

CGN Regular
    I'd say cheap paint just to help deter some corrosion.
    I'd end up spray bombing them anyway, so saves a mess.
    Not sure about stock options/levels, but maybe have a raw option?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    If I could save 2$ by not having it painted I would. The paint gets shot off anyways. If it wasn’t for shipping regulations I’d say throw a cheap can of spray paint in with the target and ship it bare.
    TDS: What brainwashed people claim when someone isn’t gullible enough to fall for their cult nonsense.