Thread: 44cal Pietta Police/Sheriff's

Talking 44cal Pietta Police/Sheriff's

Awesome, just got my first brace of black powder revolvers! My fastest restricted order yet, revolvers ordered evening of May 25th, recieved shipping notice May 28th, recieved June 2nd, 6 busness days. Now the wait for Registration Certificate's.

They don't look to bad, will look even better once all the shipping grease is cleaned up.
    The consecutive serial numbers really made my day.

Quote Originally Posted by CzyHorse View Post
    Awesome, just got my first brace of black powder revolvers! My fastest restricted order yet, revolvers ordered evening of May 25th, recieved shipping notice May 28th, recieved June 2nd, 6 busness days. Now the wait for Registration Certificate's.

They don't look to bad, will look even better once all the shipping grease is cleaned up.
    The consecutive serial numbers really made my day.
    They Look Great!
    We look for consecutive serial numbers and provide them whenever possible, but its not always available. Glad we were able to make your day.
    Don't hesitate to reach out if there's anything you need, Pleasure working with you.
    My best,
    Payam
    Marstar Canada
    1-888-744-0066
    sales@marstar.ca

CGN Ultra frequent flyer vagrantviking's Avatar
    Congrats
    Those should be a heck of a lot of fun!

Quote Originally Posted by vagrantviking View Post
    Congrats
    Those should be a heck of a lot of fun!
    Hey vagrantviking, here's another Albertian having fun with his 1862 Pietta Sheriff.

I'm looking forward to making some smoke at the range.

Now I need to buy or make a Paper Cartridge former.
    Getting a Cap & Ball revolver was one of the reasons behind getting my RPAL.
    Upon learning more about it, I was hesitant to buy a black powder revolver, I did not want to drag a whole bunch of 'stuff' to and from the range.
    Then, when I seen this video on Paper Cartridges and I knew I'd found my answer. I'll be able to spin up a couple doz. rounds at home before heading to the range.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer vagrantviking's Avatar
    It's really just a handful of stuff for revolvers. I use a small tool box and it even has space for a take-down loading stand.
    I've collected some stuff for making paper cartridges but haven't gotten around to it yet. Will probably start by trying some for my young ladies Walker.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Very nice, I am looking at the Remington New Model 1858! Would like to get a conversion cylinder for it too!
    Last edited by bobdbldr; 06-03-2021 at 03:51 PM.

" Those who hammer their swords into plowshares, will Plow for those who do not".

Quote Originally Posted by CzyHorse View Post
    Hey vagrantviking, here's another Albertian having fun with his 1862 Pietta Sheriff.

I'm looking forward to making some smoke at the range.

Now I need to buy or make a Paper Cartridge former.
    Getting a Cap & Ball revolver was one of the reasons behind getting my RPAL.
    Upon learning more about it, I was hesitant to buy a black powder revolver, I did not want to drag a whole bunch of 'stuff' to and from the range.
    Then, when I seen this video on Paper Cartridges and I knew I'd found my answer. I'll be able to spin up a couple doz. rounds at home before heading to the range.
    I just bought a dowel big enough for my 44 Cal dragoon, sanded it so it was tapered. I don't use a block like in the video but I haven't had an issue shaping with just the dowel. I also just use the round balls, they work just fine. I use Raw Brand rolling paper (Amazon)for my paper, never had a problem with ignition as long as the bottom of the cartridge bottom isn't too thick. Sit at home watching some TV making cartridges, I always have about 50 laying around which makes it an easy decision to grab the dragoon to add to the fun of a range day.