Thread: Where can I get my PAL during covid lockdown?

Where can I get my PAL during covid lockdown?

Hello Everyone. I currently live in Ontario and want to apply for my PAL. It appears that most of the places to take the firearms courses are currently closed. I am wondering if there is any possible way to obtain my PAL during the Covid lockdowns.

Thats a great question. I was seriously considering going to a different province to get it. I am currently enrolled with Buckeye Firearms training in uxbridge. I just hope Ontario is open by July 21. I was booked for may 5 and 6, But then the lock down happened. I'm just sick of the whole covid excuse. Good Luck in your pursuit.
    Dom

A friend of mine is in the same boat. Originally booked in January in Brantford. He is still waiting to hear a new date. I feel your pain and frustration.
    Words tell people who you want to be. Actions show who you really are.

As I understand the earliest courses in Ontario can start again is July 26th pending the reopening plan stays on track.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Unfortunately you cannot challenge the PAL exam anymore, kind of strange since the course is not difficult at all and because of covid home study should be allowed. The practical part could easily be deferred to a gun range, it's really simple - in theory.

You know what really sucks....I had my hunting license and FAC combo from the late 80's, but life got in the way. I updated my hunting license, but cfo can't find a record of me ever having an fac (before the advent of computers i guess)lol. So now I have to take the course. I hope that the premier opens by june 7. fingers crossed.
    Dom

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    for PAL you need to wait till stuff opens. Lots of backlog (maybe that Arthur kid on Doug Fords street could put in good word for you?)

for Hunters you can do that online right now. Not sure if that helps at all?