Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: TURKNELLI FULL LENGTH magazine tube

Quote Originally Posted by rekx View Post
    I'm not a lawyer so don't take my word as gospel but...

you can plug your mag tube with enough length to fit 5.9999999999x3" shells. As long as the 6th won't fit you're good to go.

Make it 5.9x3" just to account for ammo manufacturer size variations. 17.7"

being just short of 18" (6x3") leaves you with plenty of room legally for 6x2.75 in the tube...

exactly
    "Never run when you can walk, never walk when you can stand, never stand when you can sit, never sit when you can lay down, never lay down when you can sleep, and NEVER pass a supply of clean water.” -Sledge

CGN Regular
    You guys are all trying to calculate 5.9 x 3” when that’s the opened length. You got to calculate using an unopened 3” shell spec from Saami which is ~70.1 mm max which is 2.76”, this x 5.9 would yield 16.28”. If you did 5.9 x 3” = 17.7” you are so screwed. ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL!

Last edited by PinaKaleada; 06-21-2021 at 07:06 AM.
    I want you to be pleased with your purchase, so do not hesitate one bit to ask questions before purchase! If we do decide to go forward with payment, I assume that you are satisfied with all info provided before payment. This is a polite as-is disclaimer.

I ship at least once a week on my day off.

I'm not a lawyer so don't take my word as gospel but...

you can plug your mag tube with enough length to fit 5.9999999999x3" shells. As long as the 6th won't fit you're good to go.

Make it 5.9x3" just to account for ammo manufacturer size variations. 17.7"

being just short of 18" (6x3") leaves you with plenty of room legally for 6x2.75 in the tube...
    Never thought of that..lol
    Yes that does indee make perfect sense!
    "Gun control" is a feel good term, which is designed to disquise the globalist disarmament efforts under the pretense of fighting crime.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by PinaKaleada View Post
    You guys are all trying to calculate 5.9 x 3” when that’s the opened length. You got to calculate using an unopened 3” shell spec from Saami which is ~70.1 mm max which is 2.76”, this x 5.9 would yield 16.28”. If you did 5.9 x 3” = 17.7” you are so screwed. ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL!

you're right about unopened length, oversight on my part, i changed my posts to remove measurements, but the message is still the same!

CGN Regular
    you're right about unopened length, oversight on my part, i changed my posts to remove measurements, but the message is still the same!
    I’m glad to help. It’s super confusing with all the opened/unopened lengths, different unopened lengths, different shell size and all.

Let me throw in another catch, is your magazine capacity limited by the compressed length of the spring(not from follower contacting the end)? Meaning if you put in a weaker spring with less coil, are you going to go over 6.0 of 3”? Better measure capacity with follower only without spring to be safe.
    I want you to be pleased with your purchase, so do not hesitate one bit to ask questions before purchase! If we do decide to go forward with payment, I assume that you are satisfied with all info provided before payment. This is a polite as-is disclaimer.

I ship at least once a week on my day off.

Quote Originally Posted by badboybeeson View Post
    same thread pitch but we have not tried it as we dont have one, so can not confirm
    simon
    It works. Plugged it to a legal capacity. Looks great!
    Otium reficit vires

Quote Originally Posted by id64 View Post
    What size plug did you use to achieve the legal 5x3in, if you don't mind me asking?
    "Gun control" is a feel good term, which is designed to disquise the globalist disarmament efforts under the pretense of fighting crime.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by id64 View Post
    Flashlight mount kind please!
    Looks good.

Quote Originally Posted by coldfire View Post
    Flashlight mount kind please!
    Looks good.
    very nice

2 left

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast