Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: TURKNELLI FULL LENGTH magazine tube

The tube is just a tube, until such time as it is installed on a shotgun. Then it is a magazine and needs to be blocked to hold less than 6 3 inch shells. The onus is on you, the owner, to ensure it meets the legal requirements.
    Of all the things in life I have lost, I miss my mind the most.

Quote Originally Posted by DAR 701 View Post
    The tube is just a tube, until such time as it is installed on a shotgun. Then it is a magazine and needs to be blocked to hold less than 6 3 inch shells. The onus is on you, the owner, to ensure it meets the legal requirements.
    Thank you.
    That is exactly the answer I was looking for.

Also...based on my research to date (about 1 week's worth so far), it is my understanding, that some base clones have the exact M4 gas piston layout (removeable by using the charging handle to unscrew them), while others have some kind of a spring running through them and screwdriver needs to be employed?

I'm very much a believer in not having to use any tools (aside from a bullet tip) to field strip a military grade firearm, so this is anothet sticking point for me.

Would someone be able to clarify if the S&J base clones have the real deal gas piston setup, or are they of the "screwdriver" kind?
    "Gun control" is a feel good term, which is designed to disquise the globalist disarmament efforts under the pretense of fighting crime.

The last batch of Turknellis that SJ recieved have the proper gas plugs, as I bought a set to retrofit my canuck operator. The screwdriver stylr is terrible. I had to use a cloth and a vice grip to remove the left one from my shotgun. That was the Operator that was sold after they stopped selling the P4 Kommando. I do not know if the newest Operator still has the poorly designed gas plugs.

https://www.sjhardware.com/product/t...plug-assembly/

Those are takeoffs from the last batch.
    Last edited by DAR 701; 06-18-2021 at 11:29 AM.
    Of all the things in life I have lost, I miss my mind the most.

Quote Originally Posted by DAR 701 View Post
    The last batch of Turknellis that SJ recieved have the proper gas plugs, as I bought a set to retrofit my canuck operator. The screwdriver stylr is terrible. I had to use a cloth and a vice grip to remove the left one from my shotgun. That was the Operator that was sold after they stopped selling the P4 Kommando. I do not know if the newest Operator still has the poorly designed gas plugs.
    I hope that the next shipment does indeed have the correct plug/piston.

I will deffinitelly approach someone at S&J to confirm this prior to purchase...I would think that the correct gas piston setup would likely be near the top of the list of every shotgunner who's looking to get one of these?
    "Gun control" is a feel good term, which is designed to disquise the globalist disarmament efforts under the pretense of fighting crime.

far as i can see the canuck operator and sulun arms m4 have different threads on this parts, can this be installed on an sulun arms m4 clone?

CGN Regular
    That's what it's going on for me

5x 3 inch shells is 6 x 2-3/4 shells so its still legal since its a 3 inch chamber gun!
    "Never run when you can walk, never walk when you can stand, never stand when you can sit, never sit when you can lay down, never lay down when you can sleep, and NEVER pass a supply of clean water.” -Sledge

Quote Originally Posted by kaic View Post
    far as i can see the canuck operator and sulun arms m4 have different threads on this parts, can this be installed on an sulun arms m4 clone?
    100% will work on the sulan tac 12

Quote Originally Posted by Proton View Post
    5x 3 inch shells is 6 x 2-3/4 shells so its still legal since its a 3 inch chamber gun!
    This one does not add up for me...unless I'm missing something?

5x3 inch =15 inch
    6x2.75 inch =16.5 inch

Seems like another 1.5 inches would be needed to fit 6 of the 2.75 in shells?

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by CZ Shooter View Post
    This one does not add up for me...unless I'm missing something?

5x3 inch =15 inch
    6x2.75 inch =16.5 inch

Seems like another 1.5 inches would be needed to fit 6 of the 2.75 in shells?

I'm not a lawyer so don't take my word as gospel but...

you can plug your mag tube with enough length to fit 5.9999999999x3" shells. As long as the 6th won't fit you're good to go.

Make it 5.9x3" just to account for ammo manufacturer size variations. (see post below for actual measurement)

being just short of 6x3" leaves you with plenty of room legally for 6x2.75 in the tube...
    Last edited by rekx; 06-21-2021 at 07:39 AM. Reason: measurements removed

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast