Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: A Tokarev in 10mm auto!?!?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by scuba_cowboy View Post
    Well, it is a decent shooting pistol, sights are perfect at 10 metres. Trigger is about what I would expect from 1930's era Commie firearm. A bit rough on the 10mm brass (Extractor dings), but no bulging on the lighter loads I shot. I would not recommend using any full power 10mm, as there is not much in girth to this pistol, very narrow and slender pistol other than the bulged grips...
    If you stick with loads shooting under 1050 FPS, such as PMC, Federal & Winchester, you should be good. Full boogie Buffalo Bore or Double Tap loads will destroy it rather quickly. IMHO
    My personal pet light target load for 10mm is 8.7grains of Blue Dot with a 180 grain bullet, I ran about 50 rounds through it this morning, and it ran flawlessly.
    Overall is is a neat little oddball 10mm pistol, I'm happy for $450...
    Haha, my luck I didn't check the MV before ordering 500 rnds of blazer brass, supposed to be around 1200 fps, back to the drawing board!

" Those who hammer their swords into plowshares, will Plow for those who do not".

Quote Originally Posted by bobdbldr View Post
    Of the Glock colt and Sig, which one do you like best and why? Which one would you not recommend!
    Out of the ones I have, I recommend them all, none are cheep. I'm a big Colt fan and my Delta Gold Cup is a precise and solid shooter but to be honest, so are the Sig P220 and the Glock 20. In that kind of power I recommend a steel frame...the Glock is fine but snaps in the hand a little...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Thanks HK, I was looking at the Colt and the 220, will keep an eye out for a reasonable deal!

" Those who hammer their swords into plowshares, will Plow for those who do not".

Quote Originally Posted by bobdbldr View Post
    Haha, my luck I didn't check the MV before ordering 500 rnds of blazer brass, supposed to be around 1200 fps, back to the drawing board!
    I would be shocked to see Blazer 180grains making much more than 1100 fps and 200 grain Blazer's hitting much more than 985 fps. I have shot quite a few American Eagle 180 grain 10mm, and they average 1045-1085 fps at best. I don't think that you need to worry too much about any factory loaded CCI Blazer 10mm, they just don't have a reputation of being much of a hot load. But you never know, they could have upped their game over the last couple of years.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Ok well I will shoot some and see how it goes, want to reload anyway and tone them down a tad! I want to get some grips for it too!

Not sure if it is true but I hear that European ammo is usually loaded fairly hot compared to North American loads, maybe that is why the guy in the video was talking about issues!
    Last edited by bobdbldr; 06-19-2021 at 08:07 PM.

CGN frequent flyer Big bore dinosaur's Avatar
    Maybe the spring is stiff enought for heavey 10mm..?
    Be intesting to compare..
    Sound like a fun little pistol, price is right

Business Member Rep Wolverine .303's Avatar
    Lattitude - 49.89617 | Longitude - 100.85384
    As more and more of these get out there I want to see some range reports and Pictures!
    Phone: (204) 748-2454
    E-mail: sales@wolverinesupplies.com
    www.wolverinesupplies.com

Oh boy, oh boy,oh boy! Just got the email telling me a package is ready for pickup.
    (>​_o)┏━ ~~~~~~~⊃

Mine just got here today it's actually a sharp looking little pistol with the snazzy wood grips it's nice getting a Tokarev that hasn't seen a few decades of abuse.

I just received mine. New and very Nice. It would be interesting to know the total production. On my side, the serial number is 86*.