Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: A Tokarev in 10mm auto!?!?

Apparently there is one waiting for me to get home from work today...

Business Member Rep Wolverine .303's Avatar
    Lattitude - 49.89617 | Longitude - 100.85384
    So after a little testing yesterday we have come up with the following:

The Zastava P10 accepts Yugo M57 grips and magazines.

The magazines should feed fine but the feed lips do have to be altered.

The grips required "slight" fitting, by which I mean the small pivoting bar had to slightly be bent up to fit tightly.

TT-33 slides drop right on to the P10 frame... SOOOOO if you wanted to shoot 7.62x25 slap a Tokarev slide on there..

The 10mm magazines does hold 7.62x25 but not reliably.
    Phone: (204) 748-2454
    E-mail: sales@wolverinesupplies.com
    www.wolverinesupplies.com

This arrived today!!

Literally just pulled her out of the box for the pic.
    Gotta clean her up and definitely get some oil on parts, but she's looking good!

(E)
    Law of Politics
    Communicating logic to a Liberal is only a little more difficult than communicating with the dead.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer KotKotofeich's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine .303 View Post
    TT-33 slides drop right on to the P10 frame... SOOOOO if you wanted to shoot 7.62x25 slap a Tokarev slide on there..
    Which means 9mm slides should also fit. Will confirm once I have mine.
    Always looking for guns made 1890 or earlier - class doesn't matter, even prohibiteds.

Gorgeous!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine .303 View Post
    So after a little testing yesterday we have come up with the following:

The Zastava P10 accepts Yugo M57 grips and magazines.

The magazines should feed fine but the feed lips do have to be altered.

The grips required "slight" fitting, by which I mean the small pivoting bar had to slightly be bent up to fit tightly.

The 10mm magazines does hold 7.62x25 but not reliably.
    You got the 10mm ammo to fit the M57 Mag?

" Those who hammer their swords into plowshares, will Plow for those who do not".

I guess they all might be marked differently, mine is not a P10.... it is a M93 10mm... the Zastava M93 is supposed to be a 50cal sniper rifle??? It will be interesting how varied the markings are. The barrel looks to be supported a bit better than a Glock 20, but can't be sure until the brass is flying.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Any pics? Kinda interested to see some semi close ups and differences, mine won't be here for another 9 days! Got 500 rounds of ammo coming and already have 980 rounds of .40! I need to start looking for some grips too, something a bit slimmer although the ones in the video look like they would help with slide bite!

" Those who hammer their swords into plowshares, will Plow for those who do not".

Quote Originally Posted by scuba_cowboy View Post
    I guess they all might be marked differently, mine is not a P10.... it is a M93 10mm... the Zastava M93 is supposed to be a 50cal sniper rifle??? It will be interesting how varied the markings are. The barrel looks to be supported a bit better than a Glock 20, but can't be sure until the brass is flying.
    Except for the serial number, mine is identical to the one offered in the original post.

Slide says P10, paperwork says M-93, instruction manual has Z-10 on the cover.

(E)
    Law of Politics
    Communicating logic to a Liberal is only a little more difficult than communicating with the dead.

Well, it is a decent shooting pistol, sights are perfect at 10 metres. Trigger is about what I would expect from 1930's era Commie firearm. A bit rough on the 10mm brass (Extractor dings), but no bulging on the lighter loads I shot. I would not recommend using any full power 10mm, as there is not much in girth to this pistol, very narrow and slender pistol other than the bulged grips...
    If you stick with loads shooting under 1050 FPS, such as PMC, Federal & Winchester, you should be good. Full boogie Buffalo Bore or Double Tap loads will destroy it rather quickly. IMHO
    My personal pet light target load for 10mm is 8.7grains of Blue Dot with a 180 grain bullet, I ran about 50 rounds through it this morning, and it ran flawlessly.
    Overall is is a neat little oddball 10mm pistol, I'm happy for $450...