Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: A Tokarev in 10mm auto!?!?

My serial number is a nice mathematical sequence: 842

I cleaned all the Soviet style packing/storage grease and I have to say, it's a nice looking pistol. Lots of hard edges, but not shaving sharp like the Chinese Tokarev. Much better build quality in most areas than the Soviet and Chinese Tokarev pistols, but other areas leave a little to be desired. One example is the forward half of the top of the slide. The ant-glare serrations there do not feel smooth.

The one thing that concerns me is that the slide is much easier to pull back when compared to the Colt Delta Elite. Considering the early model Delta Elites had frame cracking issues I will not be surprised if the P10/M93/Z10 is going to have the same problem. Colt solved the issue by adding in a plastic slide spring guide to act as a sacrificial shock absorber and cut a notch at the slide stop hole to prevent cracking.

All that said, this gun was designed a decade after the Delta Elite was released and I am just a gun nerd with no Mechanical Engineering, Machining, or Gunsmith training so it might be a fine 10mm Auto pistol. Considering the Delta Elite is based on a pistol designed in the first decade of the 1900s for a low power cartridge that hit energy levels of about 400-500 Joules and was then in the 80s capable of being used as a platform for the 10mm Auto, I am going to guess a state sponsored firm is going to design a gun that won't break after a thousand rounds of off the shelf cartridges.

A stiffer spring would have been nice though, psychologically speaking.
    Last edited by Polish-Jack; 06-22-2021 at 12:24 AM.
    (>​_o)┏━ ~~~~~~~⊃

CGN Regular
    A weapon to surpass Metal Gear!

i got 815

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I am sure wolf could come up with a stiffer spring, is the spring the same size as the M57, or maybe the delta?

" Those who hammer their swords into plowshares, will Plow for those who do not".

The spring "feels" and looks similar to the one used in the M57.
    (>​_o)┏━ ~~~~~~~⊃

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Polish-Jack View Post
    The spring "feels" and looks similar to the one used in the M57.
    Then Wolfe should have different strength springs!
    My 10mm ammo just arrived just waiting for the pistol, it's in Montreal, where it will hang out for 4-5 days before they send it along. If my packages go through Toronto the y get here 3-5 days quicker than Montreal! It's a black hole!

" Those who hammer their swords into plowshares, will Plow for those who do not".

Quote Originally Posted by Polish-Jack View Post
    Oh boy, oh boy,oh boy! Just got the email telling me a package is ready for pickup.
    Me, too. Very excited to pick it up tomorrow.
    CCFR Field Officer

Quote Originally Posted by bobdbldr View Post
    Then Wolfe should have different strength springs!
    My 10mm ammo just arrived just waiting for the pistol, it's in Montreal, where it will hang out for 4-5 days before they send it along. If my packages go through Toronto the y get here 3-5 days quicker than Montreal! It's a black hole!
    It looks like they only have Tokarev springs, and only "5%" stiffer than normal. I'm not sure the M57 spring is the same as the Tokarev spring. The M57 is a captured spring while the Tokarev is not. If the Wolff Gunsprings spring is compatible with the M57 I not sure if "5%" will do anything at all. I believe a bog standard 1911 uses a 16 lb spring, and the Delta Elite was upgraded to a 23 lb double spring. That's just over a 22% increase.
    (>​_o)┏━ ~~~~~~~⊃

Just picked it up. Tomorrow is range day!
    CCFR Field Officer