Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: A Tokarev in 10mm auto!?!?

Pistol grips have cracked after shooting ~20 rounds, I'm not sure if this is a flaw with design or QC. Looking at the crack, its where the wood bends around the back of the frame/hand grip. I was told there are no spare parts or warranty.

I'm not ragging on Wolverine, I'm glad unique and cool guns are still getting imported. But beware of the wooden grips

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Program View Post
    Pistol grips have cracked after shooting ~20 rounds, I'm not sure if this is a flaw with design or QC. Looking at the crack, its where the wood bends around the back of the frame/hand grip. I was told there are no spare parts or warranty.

I'm not ragging on Wolverine, I'm glad unique and cool guns are still getting imported. But beware of the wooden grips
    Interesting, have you had any issues with runaway firing? Keeps firing after you squeeze trigger once!
    Also, what brands of ammo have you used so far?
    Cheers Bob

" Those who hammer their swords into plowshares, will Plow for those who do not".

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter1970 View Post
    New grips feel better in the hand. No internal locking mechanism, but should hold up.

Did you already fired your pistol with these grips? They are good? Hold up in place?
    You're out!

Quote Originally Posted by bobdbldr View Post
    Interesting, have you had any issues with runaway firing? Keeps firing after you squeeze trigger once!
    Also, what brands of ammo have you used so far?
    Cheers Bob
    No issues with runaway firing but then again I didn't have the chance to shoot much. I used CCI Blazer 10mm, 180gr.

Quote Originally Posted by Program View Post
    No issues with runaway firing but then again I didn't have the chance to shoot much. I used CCI Blazer 10mm, 180gr.
    Ohhh that is the ammo that mine hated. Runaway firing with about half of every 5 round magazines. Already sent back for (hopefully) repair or replacement. I assume it's the hammer group which, since it's a Tokarev, can easily be swapped out.
    From south-south-south-west-west-west-south-south-south-south-west Ontario. Go as far southwest as you can go.

Quote Originally Posted by Umpire View Post
    Did you already fired your pistol with these grips? They are good? Hold up in place?
    Haven't had it out yet, and probably won't be able to get out until the beginning of August...
    Sometimes it is taken, sometimes it is not. But there is no bargain, for here, what is,
    is what must be

CCFR Lifetime Member, CSSA Lifetime Member
    NFA Lifetime Member, NRA Lifetime Endowment Member

does anyone yet know of a compatable holster ?

Quote Originally Posted by wolf19534 View Post
    does anyone yet know of a compatable holster ?
    Got this one at Cabelas and it’s a nice tight fit.

Name:  3B5A566E-46A7-4962-AA69-AD0B52C4129E.jpg
Views: 371
Size:  81.7 KB

Name:  E335E856-DFEA-420F-8CCE-A23A298B79BF.jpg
Views: 374
Size:  90.4 KB
    The most asinine quote in Canadian history;
    A “fringe minority” in truckers convoy with “unacceptable views” “don’t represent Canadians”

Finally got out to the range today. New grips held up well, quite comfortable, and no noticable movement in them. running 180gr and 9.5gr of blue dot. retainer clip also tried waking a couple times, I will try the "reversal" tip. Boy, does it THROW brass. 12 to 18 yards back at aprox 5 O'clock. Enough to make a brass whore weep... Very strong extractor mark on the cases (if you can locate them). 'Still need to disassemble and inspect and clean.
    Sometimes it is taken, sometimes it is not. But there is no bargain, for here, what is,
    is what must be

CCFR Lifetime Member, CSSA Lifetime Member
    NFA Lifetime Member, NRA Lifetime Endowment Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter1970 View Post
    Finally got out to the range today. New grips held up well, quite comfortable, and no noticable movement in them. running 180gr and 9.5gr of blue dot. retainer clip also tried waking a couple times, I will try the "reversal" tip. Boy, does it THROW brass. 12 to 18 yards back at aprox 5 O'clock. Enough to make a brass whore weep... Very strong extractor mark on the cases (if you can locate them). 'Still need to disassemble and inspect and clean.
    Sweet!!! Thank you very much for the follow up! I just ordered the grips on EBay
    You're out!