CSSA CCFR PROUD MEMBER
    "Sleep in bliss Pops"!!!!!!

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by bfiles View Post
    GHM9 is closest to camera, APC is.in the back

Left side of Apc

Inside APC

Pin is solid, looks like it needs to be drilled out on 1 side
    I don't mean to detail this thread. But I just got an apc223 and I am unable to remove that pin. I'm guessing that this also applies to the that model as well?

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael94 View Post
    I don't mean to detail this thread. But I just got an apc223 and I am unable to remove that pin. I'm guessing that this also applies to the that model as well?
    As I mentioned earlier in this thread based on the suppliers response to my inquiry, it would appear that all APC rifles have the fixed front pin. The only reason I was curious was for cleaning purposes. It is easier to separate to do a through cleaning.

“All APC rifles have a permanent front pivot pin. This is a safety feature that was built into the rifles by B&T to prevent any chance of compatibility between the semi-auto APC rifles and their prohibited full-auto versions. This feature aided in the non-restricted status of the APC rifles granted by the RCMP.”

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by bfiles View Post
    My bad if it came off harsh...

The front pin is solid and flat on bith sides. Give bit and I'll snap a pic but think of the right side of the pin on the ghm9, rhats how the pin is on both sides on the APC9
    Thanks for the info and the pictures. I really wanted an APC9, but ended up with a GHM9 with the glock lower. I just find the B&T mags really cheap and flimsy...everything else on the gun is perfect.

Canadian APC9 will not work with the Glock lower as far as I am aware. The Canadian APC9's are Gen 1 guns and GHM9 with Glock lower are Gen 2. If I remember correctly, the APC9 with Glock lower is called APC9 Pro. There is a service B&T USA offers for around $100 for those with APC9 Gen 1 guns wanting to convert them for use with new Glock lower versions. The service consists of machining the APC9 Gen 1 bolt to work with both B&T lower and Glock lower. There is no issue with getting a replacement pin, but noone in Canada knows how or willing to do the APC9 Gen1 bolt modification. I already looked into the matter and gave up on this kind of. Hope this helps...
    Last edited by shurick; 06-15-2021 at 11:13 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer bfiles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by shurick View Post
    Canadian APC9 will not work with the Glock lower as far as I am aware. The Canadian APC9's are Gen 1 guns and GHM9 with Glock lower are Gen 2. If I remember correctly, the APC9 with Glock lower is called APC9 Pro. There is a service B&T USA offers for around $100 for those with APC9 Gen 1 guns wanting to convert them for use with new Glock lower versions. The service consists of machining the APC9 Gen 1 bolt to work with both B&T lower and Glock lower. There is no issue with getting a replacement pin, but noone in Canada knows how or willing to do the APC9 Gen1 bolt modification. I already looked into the matter and gave up on this kind of. Hope this helps...
    Not true, the newest apps have the newest gen lowers
    CSSA CCFR PROUD MEMBER

The issue is the bolt and not the lower. I am not sure where you get the info from but this is the reply I got directly from B&T Parts who I order from regularly..

"The “pro” bolts will feed both ours and glock mags. If you have a gen 1 APC then it won’t work with a Glock lower. We don’t sell semi auto Pro bolts separately. You can contact BT USA and they can modify your existing bolt to work with other lowers."

They provided me the contact email at B&T USA and that was the end of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpU4VmgKVlI&t=80s
    Last edited by shurick; 06-16-2021 at 12:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by shurick View Post
    The issue is the bolt and not the lower. I am not sure where you get the info from but this is the reply I got directly from B&T Parts who I order from regularly..

"The “pro” bolts will feed both ours and glock mags. If you have a gen 1 APC then it won’t work with a Glock lower. We don’t sell semi auto Pro bolts separately. You can contact BT USA and they can modify your existing bolt to work with other lowers."

They provided me the contact email at B&T USA and that was the end of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpU4VmgKVlI&t=80s
    Il tell ya how, the 1st gen lowers didn't have the removalable pistol grip and all came with the TP9 skinny style stock. I know cuz I bought one when it first came out. Also the bolt hold open location on the 1st gens was different then what they are now (which is the "pro version" style)
    The first gens were ripe with issues which have since been corrected and all uppers now work with all lower combos.

Considering BT USA is the only ones who makes the "pro" version this might be true but BT SUISS makes glock lowers too. They just don't make the pro version for the US military (as that is made in the states)

Every single APC/GHM9 in Canada is from the Swiss company not US so that is a mute point

Reasons why we don't have any Glock APC rifles has to do with what was already stated.
    Don't believe me, call Wolverine yourself who directly imports ALL BT products fro Switzerland
    Last edited by bfiles; 06-16-2021 at 12:49 AM.
    CSSA CCFR PROUD MEMBER

Well there ya go rommelrommel hope that helps with your info now then about the front pin
    CSSA CCFR PROUD MEMBER

1st gen:

Newest "pro style" gen (and what is now coming into canada):

CSSA CCFR PROUD MEMBER

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast