Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Trade Ex

Look like Tradeex just sell the "left over" guns from their inventory. They have still a large inventory from the past. Will be needed 2-3 years to be sold out and close the bussiness. I guess "trudeau fever" is the reason for getting out of bussiness.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer handofzeus's Avatar
    In the 12 years I've been buying from Tony then Anthony I have never had reason to complain about either service or product. Top notch outfit and it will be a real loss when they finally pack it in.
    Canada ended when Trudeau began.

at OP - It is certainly a shame to see another dealer fade away and close up shop. I have had good dealings with TEC and hope to have a few more before they close out and retire completely.

It is nice to see you post around here again and I hope you are keeping well. I recall meeting you once at an intro to f-class match at Connaught where we had a lovely chat. I was saddened to see your stock manufacturing business shut down, as we have a couple of your stocks and they were absolutely first rate!

As to those here that are quick to jump on someone for not knowing about TEC. Yes, not everyone is in the know. However, I feel it is nice to see someone checking in on their local shops. Especially if that person happens to be a former shop owner and leader in Canadian stock manufacturer and gunsmith! I think it completely normal and down right neighbourly for someone like that to drop by and check in.

Quote Originally Posted by cornelunc View Post
    Look like Tradeex just sell the "left over" guns from their inventory. They have still a large inventory from the past. Will be needed 2-3 years to be sold out and close the bussiness. I guess "trudeau fever" is the reason for getting out of bussiness.
    read anything above your post and you'll find you're wrong

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by cornelunc View Post
    Now that you have shown everyone how little you know....
    Omne ferrum ignitum malleo!

Quote Originally Posted by handofzeus View Post
    In the 12 years I've been buying from Tony then Anthony I have never had reason to complain about either service or product. Top notch outfit and it will be a real loss when they finally pack it in.
    exactly the same experience and even in french ...

Tradex ---ALWAYS interesting gear, good prices, Just Excellent Service over the years , Sure hope they are not going anywhere. Everything ,s changed during this XFking pandemic, except this corrupt Gov,T.
    "Rifles are better than handguns for fighting. The primary purpose for a handgun is ,to fight your way to a Rifle that you should NOT have put down in the first place " ------- Clint Smith- Owner/ Instructor; Thunder Ranch

BANNED
    Do any of you guys read more than what the OP posted?

The Trade Ex website clearly states what is happening with them.

We are open and processing mail order sales with limited staff. Unfortunately no appointments or curb side pick ups are available until further notice.

have decided to downsize T.E.C. Trade Ex Canada. Inc. considerably, by slowing down on purchases and reducing inventory.

we are not closing, we are just simplifying things for ourselves.

The replies I see here are from people who never looked for the information themselves but instead read the headline, made assumptions, and went with what the other guy said. This is EXACTLY why the mainstream media posts juicy bold headlines in their news feed. People only read headlines. That's how easy it is to manipulate people.

To summarize:

Trade-Ex is not closing.
    They are reducing inventory and will be running the business as a hobby from now on.
    They do not take appointments for curbside pickup.

To some this may seem like onspiracy theories, but its posted on the Trade-Ex website homepage.

CGN frequent flyer machinistbutler's Avatar
    I purchased a lot of Woodleighs from them. A little while ago I went to order some more and every single one says out of stock, I wonder if they moved their Woodleighs inventory elsewhere.

I did still manage to order a few boxes of A-Frames for my 470 though. Shipped fast and arrived perfect as always.

I have dealt with them for many years, and they have always been 100% and treat other business members great.
    They are getting tired , so slowing down, and that means cutting down on huge stock. and 16 hr days.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast