Trade Ex

Ian Robertson

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Hi,

I attempted to stop at three of our favorites in Hawkesbury ON last Monday.
All went perfectly with Marstar and Higginson. When we tried to buy from Trade Ex it was not good. I guess they are going out of business. They did not answer the phone, emails or their door. Eventually UPS showed up for some reason and they answered the door! The fellow said he did not check his email and was retiring soon. I have dealt with Tradeex a few times and they were great. I really hate to see anybody go down.

Tradex posted a year ago they were going in retirement. They still do business online but at limited hours.
You should have called before trying to show up. No answer - no show.

Higginson and Marstar are not store front. You order online and pick it up.
Marstar do not allow visitor in without prior arrangement to pick up items at specific time.

Last edited:
Hi,

I attempted to stop at three of our favorites in Hawkesbury ON last Monday.
All went perfectly with Marstar and Higginson. When we tried to buy from Trade Ex it was not good. I guess they are going out of business. They did not answer the phone, emails or their door. Eventually UPS showed up for some reason and they answered the door! The fellow said he did not check his email and was retiring soon. I have dealt with Tradeex a few times and they were great. I really hate to see anybody go down.

They posted a year ago they were going in retirement. They still do business online but at limited hours.
You should have called before trying to show up.

:confused:

Announcement:

After several years of success, I have decided to downsize T.E.C. Trade Ex Canada. Inc. considerably, by slowing down on purchases and reducing inventory.

The ultimate goal is to reduce it from a larger corporation to a small hobby and passionate sized business, like it once was. While our growth was successful financially, it’s time to slow down a bit and reduce the hours spent in and around the company.

Make no mistake, we are not closing, we are just simplifying things for ourselves.

Our new hours of operation are:

9AM to 3PM, Monday to Wednesday.

Thank you for your continued support.

T.E.C. Trade Ex Canada Inc

1460 Main Street East

Hawkesbury, Ontario

K6A 1C7

Canada

TOLL FREE: 1-866-635-2829

Tel: 613-632-4848

Marstar is a warehouse operation, not a retail store. We do not have a showroom or a retail outlet (though many of our products are available at select firearms and militaria dealers across Canada).
We are not open to the public for security reasons. Please do not attempt to visit our warehouse: members of the general public and all those who have not booked an appointment with us in advance will be turned away.
We are available strictly on a ‘by appointment only’ basis to the following people:
a) Firearms Dealers who have a valid Firearms Business Licence issued by the Canadian Firearms Centre.
b) Purchasing agents for the military, museums, and law enforcement agencies with departmental authorization on official letterhead.
c) Movie Production Companies with a valid Firearms Business Licence issued by the Canadian Firearms Centre for the use of firearms in movie making.
d) You must be registered under the controlled Goods Act or possess the appropriate security clearance to gain access to Marstar’s facility.
The above are reminded that an appointment must be booked with us prior to their visit and that we do not have the facilities or additional staff to accommodate other visitors (please do not bring friends, relatives, spouses, or children: they will not be permitted to enter the building).

Wow, are you guys always looking for conflict?? I did call and email and banged on the door. It was about zero distance from where I was going. And I got zero. Once again I will avoid CGN.

If you got zero, why bit--? I wouldn't go somewhere if they're not answering - duh.

So you thought blaggarding them online was the thing to do...?
Always liked Tradex...they were always top notch to deal with. Polite and fast

All the time I dealt with them I got no issues. Never went to knock on their door though :)

The board is full of more than one or two reasonable complaints about the rifles which has been purchased from this company.

I dealt with Tradex just a few months ago to purchase mauser sight hoods and leather slings. They arrived so fast I thought they were in BC . Excellent service and nothing bad to say��

Wow, are you guys always looking for conflict?? I did call and email and banged on the door. It was about zero distance from where I was going. And I got zero. Once again I will avoid CGN.

Hey Ian, in my experience TradeEx has always been great.

I hear ya wrt the frustration when anyone doesn't answer the phone, reply to email & ignores the door... Was it an unplanned drop in? Anthony has always been very approachable in my experience, very helpful...

Polite discourse, impromptu meetings, gentleman's handshake deals et al, have all but disappeared in today's society. Remember when I made just such a visit to your shop with the single shot 50? You stopped what you were doing & we had a look at what was going on. I still appreciate your kindness and making time for me when I needed help.

Kind Regards
Jay

Mondays is our busiest day of the week as orders, emails etc pile up from over the weekend, so getting us on the phone on Mondays is not always the easiest. Unfortunately we have been unable to serve customers over the counter the last few months due to Covid, hence the message on our home page.

Never had an issue with Tradeex. Always good, and I've spent a lot of money on them over the years.

Fair prices, good communication, and good service.

If any individuals think they can do a better job, maybe they should start a business of their own.

Tradex is one of my go-to places to look for my next firearm. From surplus rifles to target pistols I have never been disappointed in their service or firearm grading.
Never tried dropping in though. Too far a drive from B.C.

Back
Top Bottom