Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Trade Ex

CGN Ultra frequent flyer

Trade Ex

Hi,

I attempted to stop at three of our favorites in Hawkesbury ON last Monday.
    All went perfectly with Marstar and Higginson. When we tried to buy from Trade Ex it was not good. I guess they are going out of business. They did not answer the phone, emails or their door. Eventually UPS showed up for some reason and they answered the door! The fellow said he did not check his email and was retiring soon. I have dealt with Tradeex a few times and they were great. I really hate to see anybody go down.
    If he says it can't be done then ask me.

Tradex posted a year ago they were going in retirement. They still do business online but at limited hours.
    You should have called before trying to show up. No answer - no show.

Higginson and Marstar are not store front. You order online and pick it up.
    Marstar do not allow visitor in without prior arrangement to pick up items at specific time.
    Last edited by Janeau; 06-13-2021 at 05:18 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer #1bcshooter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Robertson View Post
    Hi,

I attempted to stop at three of our favorites in Hawkesbury ON last Monday.
    All went perfectly with Marstar and Higginson. When we tried to buy from Trade Ex it was not good. I guess they are going out of business. They did not answer the phone, emails or their door. Eventually UPS showed up for some reason and they answered the door! The fellow said he did not check his email and was retiring soon. I have dealt with Tradeex a few times and they were great. I really hate to see anybody go down.
    Quote Originally Posted by Janeau View Post
    They posted a year ago they were going in retirement. They still do business online but at limited hours.
    You should have called before trying to show up.
    Pre-orders are horrible for everyone involved. They never go smooth. We will not be doing a pre-order to bankroll this project.

Quote Originally Posted by #1bcshooter View Post
    Yep - no answers - do not bother to show up - that should tell you all - check limited business hours.
    There is no store - so nothing to see be at Marstar or Higginson.
    Last edited by Janeau; 06-13-2021 at 05:32 PM.

Announcement:

After several years of success, I have decided to downsize T.E.C. Trade Ex Canada. Inc. considerably, by slowing down on purchases and reducing inventory.

The ultimate goal is to reduce it from a larger corporation to a small hobby and passionate sized business, like it once was. While our growth was successful financially, it’s time to slow down a bit and reduce the hours spent in and around the company.

Make no mistake, we are not closing, we are just simplifying things for ourselves.

Our new hours of operation are:

9AM to 3PM, Monday to Wednesday.

Thank you for your continued support.

T.E.C. Trade Ex Canada Inc

1460 Main Street East

Hawkesbury, Ontario

K6A 1C7

Canada

TOLL FREE: 1-866-635-2829

Tel: 613-632-4848

Marstar is a warehouse operation, not a retail store. We do not have a showroom or a retail outlet (though many of our products are available at select firearms and militaria dealers across Canada).
    We are not open to the public for security reasons. Please do not attempt to visit our warehouse: members of the general public and all those who have not booked an appointment with us in advance will be turned away.
    We are available strictly on a ‘by appointment only’ basis to the following people:
    a) Firearms Dealers who have a valid Firearms Business Licence issued by the Canadian Firearms Centre.
    b) Purchasing agents for the military, museums, and law enforcement agencies with departmental authorization on official letterhead.
    c) Movie Production Companies with a valid Firearms Business Licence issued by the Canadian Firearms Centre for the use of firearms in movie making.
    d) You must be registered under the controlled Goods Act or possess the appropriate security clearance to gain access to Marstar’s facility.
    The above are reminded that an appointment must be booked with us prior to their visit and that we do not have the facilities or additional staff to accommodate other visitors (please do not bring friends, relatives, spouses, or children: they will not be permitted to enter the building).

Op should have done his research before ´visiting’.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Wow, are you guys always looking for conflict?? I did call and email and banged on the door. It was about zero distance from where I was going. And I got zero. Once again I will avoid CGN.
    If he says it can't be done then ask me.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Buck1950's Avatar
    If you got zero, why bit--? I wouldn't go somewhere if they're not answering - duh.

CGN Regular
    web site says no appointments or curbside pickup is available at present.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast