Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I muh-member...do you?

$176 M1 Garands at S.I.R. And $399 Mauser broom handles back in 2000. I bought an SKS because the ammo was cheaper, and a glock 21 instead. I wish I could go back in time and be a breeze so I could slam the car door on my head when I was going into the store. Might’ve clued me in. Always go for the surplus first.

Quote Originally Posted by JMDelipper View Post
    I remember seeing these at the Canadian Tire on McPhilips back then. I had every intention of grabbing one. I even asked the staff how many they had and the guy mentioned they had over 100 of the SKS in the back. I told myself I'd come back later but next time I had got around to it they were gone.

I also remember picking up the 222 round packs of .22lr there for ~$10.

The McPhilips store was also selling a 50BMG. I haven't been there in years but I don't even know if they sell firearms anymore.
    I spent so much money at that Canadian tire. they had two types of .50bmgs canstar and steyr they had mosin crates and sks crates for $50 i would of liked one of each. possibly full.

$147 unissued NIB Chinese sks (the russian tooling ones) only bought one. should of bought ten.

for wolverine the first batches of cz858s were $600 i think? should of bought three nr and a restricted at those prices and the full armorer kits i regret not buying one of those.
    “Hoplophobia is a mental disturbance characterized by irrational aversion to weapons, as opposed to justified apprehension about those who may wield them.” - Jeff Cooper

What I wouldn't do for DD .300 blackout now...
    Tiocfaidh Ár Lá - Éirinn Go Brách

CGN Regular
    -Marstar unissued Chinese SKS with hard case, SKS t-shirt for 180-190$ back around what, 2010?
    -Wolverine had the huge sale on Vz-58s for 400$, 100 units I believe..maybe in 2013/2014? Even then I got one for 679$ later on, new.
    -Canada Ammo 1600rds .223 for 400$. Still have a couple cases.
    I'm only 30. Can't imagine what you older fellas missed out on!

I remeber when you guys have Dan defense mk10 for like $1299 on sale. Or something near there.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer 8 ball's Avatar
    And so many people STILL don't seem to understand how good an investment firearms can be.......

CGN Ultra frequent flyer hawk-i's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 8 ball View Post
    And so many people STILL don't seem to understand how good an investment firearms can be.......
    LOL...until a Liberal government gets elected and they become prohibited!

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by hawk-i View Post
    LOL...until a Liberal government gets elected and they become prohibited!
    Funny haha or funny queer. Either way, the future doesn't look like any place I want to be without something that goes bang.

Quote Originally Posted by .22isGod View Post
    Around that time I bought a CZ 858 and two crates of ammo for less than a grand. I should have filled my trunk with ammo back then.
    I did, need to start selling some.

BANNED
    $100 mosins and I even got a 700p for $560 new, damn those were the days.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast