Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 35678910111213141516171819202123 ... LastLast

Thread: Liberals invoke S.39, refuse to provide evidence

CGN Ultra frequent flyer caramel's Avatar
    A good new for you guys, a CAQ PM have crossed the floor to the Quebec conservative, she is their first MP, Yves Duhaime is kind of a Rockstar in the Quebec region they may snatch a few ridings. JP.
    Yep, fixed wing is great but rotary wing is ... GREAT. Life is good. JP.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by CommonCents View Post
    Following that interpretation people would be barred from reloading, which we know they are not.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/firearm...sives-act/amp/

Businesses may not create firearms for sale unlicensed, and PAL holders may not create firearms they are not licensed to possess.

If you're in doubt call your local CFO and ask.
    But the explosives act and it's associated regulations governs ammunition. Which is a different Act enacted by Parliament that authorizes (in the case of reloading the Explosives Act states authorization isn't needed)

Authorization Not Required
    Marginal note:Exemption from authorization

25 Despite section 11, the following Footnote*activities involving an explosive may be carried out even though the Footnote*explosives are not authorized:

(e) the manufacture of Footnote*small arms cartridges or black powder cartouches for personal use;

The only caveat is that you must follow the regulations on making ammo for yourself. Don't be drunk and don't have more than 1 kg of powder out at a time are the only 2 I remember offhand.

So there is no other Act that authorizes a PAL holder to manufacture a firearm just the firearms act which does not authorize you to manufacture a firearm, only businesses.

Edit: in fact show me which Act enacted by Parliament authorizes you to manufacture a firearm. Quote it for me.

I've showed you that it is illegal to manufacture a firearm unless you are authorized to. Show me where the PAL a possession and acquisition license authorizes you to make a gun
    Last edited by chillyrabbit; 06-18-2021 at 09:25 PM.

Last edited by CommonCents; 11-23-2022 at 02:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jiffx2781 View Post
    Is that you Bill?
    No. :-) Actually I think it is a good thing when people can legally make guns for personal use. It seems like a fun area of engineering and research, if done safely. But, given the current fearmongering and crackdowns about 'ghost guns', we can expect gun builders to be prosecuted with extreme prejudice.

Following that interpretation people would be barred from reloading, which we know they are not.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/firearm...sives-act/amp/
    Well, yes! Reloading would be illegal if not for the regulations in the Explosives act that actually authorize reloading.

Now, all that said, it's not exactly true that homemade guns are illegal in Canada:

• Rather strangely, knowledge that you are not authorized is an explicit and essential element of the S.99 offence! This unusual requirement means that legitimate ignorance of law is an excuse for this narrow thing. Note however that legally, wilful blindness i.e. strong suspicions are counted as knowledge.
    • According to S.99 you can be authorized to manufacture under the Firearms Act or any other Act of Parliament or any regulations made under any Act of Parliament. Thus, as far as I can tell, you would need to read ALL those documents (ALL Canadian laws & ALL regulations) in order to gain firm knowledge about whether you're authorized. Personally I don't have the time to read them all, so I can't actually tell you that you're not authorized.
    • Even if you have a homemade firearm, it's not illegal to possess -- they have to prove you made it & you knew that you were not authorized. If it is non-restricted (thus unregistrable), and you don't own a 3D printer or blueprints, and you don't brag/admit making it, it seems hard for prosecution to prove. On the other hand, even if you jump through all the hoops and manage to possess a legal homemade gun, don't be surprised if you get charged anyway and you have to fight in court.
    • I'm not aware of any laws against manufacturing firearms components like barrels and such. If you have a receiver (which is already a firearm) that was made by someone else, it seems legal to build components that attach to it.
    • I'm not sure what "manufacture" even means, legally speaking. For example let's hypothetically say you could somehow obtain two already-manufactured parts which each on their own is not a firearm, but which trivially combine into a receiver (now a firearm). Does the mere act of combining them count as "manufacture"? Does a fun one-off actually count as 'manufacturing' or do you have to be really behaving like a factory?

If you're in doubt call your local CFO and ask.
    Definitely, this is worth doing. At least then if they say it's OK and you end up breaking law as a result, hopefully you can use the defence of "officially induced error". All that said, I'm not a lawyer!
    Last edited by nanite; 06-18-2021 at 10:45 PM.

Since when has making your own become illegal? Isn't that why lots of people bought 80% kits to finish on their own and call it in? It wasn't that long ago that you could order a 80% here on cgn and didn't even need to register at the time. Talk to the CFO, if your worried

CGN Regular groundskeeper willy's Avatar
    The “secret evidence” will probably turn out to be along the lines of white nationalist or ‘Romana- Queen of Canada’ or Q or a nice hybrid of all the above had been buying the newly banned guns for bad purposes like an insurrection. Cue images of US Capital Hill debacle. They will someday produce internet chats of losers and idiots that are capable only of overeating and excessive masterbation and say its “evidence” of a real threat.
    Yesterday I couldn't spell Engineer, Now I are one.

CGN frequent flyer
    I apologize you are correct.

Upon my further reading it appears we have a white-list approach to firearm construction.

I still heavily advocate the possession of information that would enable people, should they legally acquire the proper licensing, to build their own firearms. I will amend my previous comments.
    You just can’t have that with such a diverse citizenry.

It is a gun fight same rules apply

Rule 1 always cheat.
    Rule 2 always win.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer copeland's Avatar
    I suspect the Liberals either:

A) Have absolutely nothing to go on and hence S.39 hides their empty facts.

B) Don't want the public to know exactly what they want to do to disarm Canada against the will of the people.
    Trudeau is a globalist and supporting the UN small arms stuff.
    "If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun." - Dalai Lama, 2001.

“Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest.” -Mahatma Gandhi

CGN Regular

How can they implement the Great Reset if citizens are not stripped of their guns?

Laws are whatever they want to make or choose to ignore.

The only time there was a temporary wrench in the gun confiscation scheme in Canada is when Harper killed the L.G. registry.

Allan Rock circa 1995 "Only the police and military should have guns." which is what his masters at the UN dictated.

Judges, politicians, bureaucrats do as they are told.

This fighting small bits of law in the courts seems masturbatory to me.