Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161719 ... LastLast

Thread: Liberals invoke S.39, refuse to provide evidence

Quote Originally Posted by Ashcroft View Post
    I see the government throwing everything they can into this. If they can make their position prevail it paves the way for all future actions limiting firearm ownership. If they lose this one they are set back years, back to square one.
    They are doing the exact same thing on the s.74 side. They took an action / made a "decision" in respect of Reg Certs, denied that they were the ones that made the decision, then went to court fighting the s.74 applications while refusing to provide any evidence as to whether they made a "decision" or not. So as the other poster noted, we and the Court are also being asked to just trust that no decision was made.

The government is paving the way for the Registrar to take wide actions in the future, deny that s.74 applies and undermine the availability of an easy to access judicial review.

They are making a mockery of procedural fairness.

Should note that the Edmonton cases have been partly successful in getting affidavit evidence from the Registrar. Would not surprise me if it contains no substantive detail and if pushed the government would stonewall there as well.

The government never fights fair, they fight to win. And they have unlimited resources ( provided by you) to continue forever.

This is why I will never comply with an unjust law (or OIC) set in place by an immoral and unethical government.

BANNED
    I hope this goes our way.

Fingers crossed.

disgusting
    Freedom Isn't Free.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer CosmiC10R's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FannyBayR1 View Post
    This is why I will never comply with an unjust law (or OIC) set in place by an immoral and unethical government.
    Agreed... this is simply disgusting... I absolutely Loathe the Govts that do this... unfit to govern is the understatement of the century....
    It's not about money.... It's about sending a message...
    Member - NRA (Bloomie made me do it ) - CCFR - NFA - CPC
    Juster - "I came to CGN for the firearms information, but stayed for the supportive mental health ecosystem"

This despicable action is straight out of Brezhnev’s playbook. The libs really are authoritarian scum bags.

Pound of Fire
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by FannyBayR1 View Post
    I hear ya, but the reality is...

Name:  251BD67F-7B2E-4DDC-A2E3-FF486631A0AA.jpeg
Views: 1018
Size:  82.5 KB
    Wing Nut

"No man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

Absolutely Jay that's why you never give up your firearms ever irrespective of how minor the changes seem to be!!