Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: Gunbroker And IRUNGUNS News Update

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by old-zedar View Post
    You need to have a US address, US Bank account or a US Resident help you with the purchase and forward it to
    I RUN GUNS in Arizona to I RUN GUNS in Alberta Canada this is a lot faster than the 10 step program.
    The main issue is Gunbroker sellers don't want to wait more then seven days for payment, and don't want the hassell
    of having to sell to Canada or out of country, and the transfer of guns through an FFL to an FFL lic holder. the seller doesn't always have to ship
    from an FFL but it must go to FFL Lic. holder for a background check.
    all this take time and money.
    The downside is you will pay state tax as with me it is 10% here in Arizona and the FFL fee that could be from 60.00us + for long guns
    that has to be paid by the purchaser.
    Doesn't sound encouraging. I hope my experience will turn up much easier.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by old-zedar View Post
    You need to have a US address, US Bank account or a US Resident help you with the purchase and forward it to
    I RUN GUNS in Arizona to I RUN GUNS in Alberta Canada this is a lot faster than the 10 step program.
    The main issue is Gunbroker sellers don't want to wait more then seven days for payment, and don't want the hassell
    of having to sell to Canada or out of country, and the transfer of guns through an FFL to an FFL lic holder. the seller doesn't always have to ship
    from an FFL but it must go to FFL Lic. holder for a background check.
    all this take time and money.
    The downside is you will pay state tax as with me it is 10% here in Arizona and the FFL fee that could be from 60.00us + for long guns
    that has to be paid by the purchaser.
    I've personally imported multiple items through GB and IRG and have experienced no issues with respect to being Canadian or not having a US address. I was able to complete payment either on GB or directly with the seller. Also , to date, have not had to pay any tax to the seller. I had issues previously when GB was charging tax to the shipping state but am glad to report this has been resolved now.

CGN Regular
    A little confused about the process. According to the instructions on IRG website, once the import form has been filled out, I am supposed to receive an email, containing it's FFL and further instructions, but I have not received an email. I am just confused about what to do next. Tried to clarify by phoning and writing IRG with no success.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer KotKotofeich's Avatar
    Gunbroker used to have the FFL for IRG on file - you could just pick it out of their list...
    Always looking for guns made 1890 or earlier - class doesn't matter, even prohibiteds.

CGN Regular
    My phone calls to IRG in the US finally got through. The import process is now in progress. The next is, hopefully a not too long a wait. First buy at Gunbroker, confused and nervous, but hoping for a smooth process from here on.

CGN Regular
    I have to say using IRG is entirely based on blind faith. There has been no communication. I made many attempts and managed to get one phonecall, but nothing since. The Gunbroker confirmed the rifle I had bought was delivered to IRG in mid November, but I have received no communication from IRG. I am assuming IRG has got my rifle and assume that in time, the import process will be started. Hope my blind faith will turn out good at the end.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678