Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Take a look of this footage!

Lightbulb

My experience would tell me this...

Small steel plates are usually about 4 inches. Let's start with that.

As I can see in the video... The plate is about 0.3-0.4MILS in the reticule.

Distance to Target(Meters) =

Height of Target (Inches)
    Image Size(mils) X 25.4

That would give me 254M or roughly 280 yards...

And then... Even if the target is smaller it would only make the distance shorter for the same size in MILS in the reticles. Even at 0.3MILS in the reticle...

They are great and accurate rifles. I own one. I don't think they need to do that kind of marketing...

P.S. I am not a keyboard warrior.
    Last edited by Cpt.Flan; 06-20-2021 at 08:11 PM.
    Ducimus

Quote Originally Posted by ZEN403 View Post
    Love all the keyboard warriors. sigh.

Nice shooting and a sweet rig! Well done gents!
    I can only speak for myself, but the feat shown in the video is achievable with an economical receiver, custom barrel, & a good scope for a lot less cabbage. I can only guess he used hand loads not factory, but I don't know. There is so much editing it makes the vid prone to suspicion - was the first shot cold bore? was it a 1 shot 1 hit for the rest of the plates? does he only touch a bolt with gloved hands and a trigger bare? etc, etc... It's hard to defend when there is so much manipulation. That is why I think there are cynical comments and not because folks in this forum are your so called "keyboard warriors".

I took a look at the footage posted. I don't dislike the weapon system. I just don't like being fed stuff that has been edited just for bling instead of nice raw footage, IMHO.

So I hope you can just see things for what they are, don't broadly spit venom unless it is warranted, and we are all good. I'd even love to go plinking with you out to 1300m, because shooting is fun!

Peace

I can do that with my APC 223, don't need a bolt gun for that, don't need a 6.5 for that...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Can-down's Avatar
    More like keyboard videographer/editors......Some good constructive criticism for everyone involved in creating and approving the advertisement/product media.
    Our Government trusts rivets more then law abiding gun owners.

Quote Originally Posted by Kezh1729 View Post
    I can do that with my APC 223, don't need a bolt gun for that, don't need a 6.5 for that...
    I agree... heck if I had the same editing tools I could produce similar footage with my 10/22... and I wouldn't need footage of a gloved hand, lol

CGN Ultra frequent flyer 8 ball's Avatar
    Very poor footage to be honest. Nothing against the rifle or the company but this doesn't really show much at all. Video is so edited that it is impossible to even see what is going on.

CGN frequent flyer hannibal.black98's Avatar
    lol...
    Glock people... *face palm* - Valaden (I love it!!!) ---- In NO way and at NO time is your airsoft gun ever a "beast" LOLLL ----
    Team 7.62x51mm - Multicam Black Gang - .45Auto holes > 9mm holes -

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronjon73 View Post
    BUSTED !!! Looks to me like that is CDTSA's range at milo Alberta. That backstop with the 4 small plates is at 300m. I've got video of me hitting that same small gong with a 1945 Inland M1 Carbine using peep sights.
    Definitely the Milo range (great range BTW) but it is the 500M back stop - you can see the 300M & 400M berms to the left in the video.

Back when I was a member the big plates were like 4-5MOA and the smallest was just over 1MOA (6 inches at 500M) - if my memory serves.

There is pretty much always a wind out at Milo but it does look calm in the video.

I will say this - there are more MOA-all-day Shooters on the internet then you will ever meet on the range.

Edited: I should say that the above is assuming there isn't too much tom foolery going on with the video editing.

I also have shot a Cadex Sheepdog (or Shepard can't remember) and it was certainly accurate enough so I am sure the CDX is more than capable.
    Last edited by Ryan.M.Anderson; 06-23-2021 at 05:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan.M.Anderson View Post
    Definitely the Milo range (great range BTW) but it is the 500M back stop - you can see the 300M & 400M berms to the left in the video.

Back when I was a member the big plates were like 4-5MOA and the smallest was just over 1MOA (6 inches at 500M) - if my memory serves.

There is pretty much always a wind out at Milo but it does look calm in the video.

I will say this - there are more MOA-all-day Shooters on the internet then you will ever meet on the range.

Edited: I should say that the above is assuming there isn't too much tom foolery going on with the video editing.

I also have shot a Cadex Sheepdog (or Shepard can't remember) and it was certainly accurate enough so I am sure the CDX is more than capable.
    Now this would make sence with a 6 inches plate... I would not call them a tiny plate then....
    But 6 inches plate at 500m is more realistic. Well done regardless. Over 1 MOA target.

(6 / 0.3 ) X 25.4 = 508 meters.
    Ducimus

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brutus's Avatar
    At known distances and target the size of a average dinner plate it's easy to duplicate for a lot less cabbage as hosel puts it so eloquently.

I have easily nearly replicated this with Wichita 1375 palma rifle also at 500 in the recent past.
    Iron peep sights, 155 Lapua Scenar handloads from lowly 308 Winchester in Krieger barrel, prone supported.
    Canadian government runs on trans, gays and French speaking women. Let them fight the next war over there.
    Myself i will crack a beer and merely watch.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast