Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Barnaul 7.62x39mm 196gr Subsonic FMJ

Barnaul 7.62x39mm 196gr Subsonic FMJ

SKU#: 76239SUB196FMJ.

Stocking Dealers:
    - Tenda
    - SFRC
    Last edited by North_Sylva; 06-21-2021 at 03:39 PM.

CGN Regular
    FYI for those wondering, I tried this ammo in a few of my rifles and it doesn't have enough juice to cycle the semis. Tried it in an SKS, Rasheed, Type 81, and VZ 52/57, and it would just barely open the bolt of the SKS and T81, but wouldn't even unlock the other two.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer J.Hancock's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SomebodyTookMyName View Post
    FYI for those wondering, I tried this ammo in a few of my rifles and it doesn't have enough juice to cycle the semis. Tried it in an SKS, Rasheed, Type 81, and VZ 52/57, and it would just barely open the bolt of the SKS and T81, but wouldn't even unlock the other two.
    Is it quiet though?
    "When truth and fairness differs from what is law, better to follow truth and fairness."

Would be more useful if its a soft point. I wonder how effective it would be on a large game.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by J.Hancock View Post
    Is it quiet though?
    Very much so. I'd say it's on par with rimfires- like a .22 magnum without the sonic crack. It's still not hearing-safe without ear pro, but it's definitely less objectionable than a .17 HMR or the like.

CGN Regular
    Can’t find any at either site mentioned? What bullet weight is this stuff

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by SomebodyTookMyName View Post
    So this should work for manual action 7.62x39 mm builds of the SBI LPC and MRA Renegade, and in the 7.62x39 mm BCL Bison when that appears?

Should work excellent in my CZ 527...just not sure what I should use it for. Can't use a can. Can't use it for deer. Why should I buy this ? Would accuracy be better than Barnaul 123gr ?
    At 196gr it's heavy. Does not sound like a varmint round. Now don't get me wrong...I buy all manner of guns and calibers and things I might not need. soooo what does a person use this exact round for ?
    Last edited by elef; 06-22-2021 at 08:34 AM. Reason: add info
    loaded gun

Quote Originally Posted by elef View Post
    .I buy all manner of guns and calibers and things I might not need

I think what you meant to say is that the need might not be apparent right away. :-D

yes, yes, have mercy ! what was I thinking !!! I hope my wife never reads that post cause I would have a massive amount of explaining to do...as she says..."I thought you said you need all those things ???" lol
    loaded gun

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast