Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Final Run of Standard 10/22 Barrels in Stock at Rangeview Sports

Expired Business Member

Final Run of Standard 10/22 Barrels in Stock at Rangeview Sports

We did one final run of standard 10/22 barrels (v block compatible) in both 12.5" and 16.1" for the fine folks at Rangeview Sports.

Barrels and other accessories here: http://https://www.rangeviewsports.ca/?s=grey+birch&product_cat=0&post_type=product

Last edited by Grey Birch; 07-01-2021 at 02:10 PM.

CGN frequent flyer
    Do I see a Foundation stock with custom engraving (nice!) and a longer fore grip?

Expired Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by old303 View Post
    Do I see a Foundation stock with custom engraving (nice!) and a longer fore grip?
    Good eye. Stay tuned for some “custom shop” offerings. We’re enjoying the process of tapping into our creative side with the laser.

Feel free to suggest any ideas for engraving. There’s no limit to what is possible.

CGN Regular
    I got one of these 12.5" from Rangeview, and the crown/ejector were both very roughly machined. I'm getting very poor accuracy shooting under identical conditions to my bone stock CZ457. Nearly 5" 20 shot group from the Grey Birch at 50yds from rifle stand. The exact same ammo, exact same stand, exact same target i got a 20 shot ~1.75" group from the stock CZ. I emailed you guys a few months back asking for your help with why your barrel might be performing so poorly, i've just now submitted another email via your warranty card on the site.

You guys say you stand by your products, and i'm hoping that you do... The barrel is beautiful, but 5" at 50yds is about as accurate as a flint lock pistol... Very unhappy.

You have got to test different types of ammo in the GB. Not all guns like the same ammo

Quote Originally Posted by kombatkyle View Post
    I got one of these 12.5" from Rangeview, and the crown/ejector were both very roughly machined. I'm getting very poor accuracy shooting under identical conditions to my bone stock CZ457. Nearly 5" 20 shot group from the Grey Birch at 50yds from rifle stand. The exact same ammo, exact same stand, exact same target i got a 20 shot ~1.75" group from the stock CZ. I emailed you guys a few months back asking for your help with why your barrel might be performing so poorly, i've just now submitted another email via your warranty card on the site.

You guys say you stand by your products, and i'm hoping that you do... The barrel is beautiful, but 5" at 50yds is about as accurate as a flint lock pistol... Very unhappy.
    I was researching some GB products and I saw a comment that said something along the lines of "good luck dealing with Grey Birch's customer service" I didn't understand until my Grey birch 10/22 bolt had the charging handle snap clean off with <200 rounds through the gun and nothing but crickets for my email or the warranty I applied for. Grey Birch seems to make decent products but has 0 interest in actually supporting those products.

Wow!......

Well Grey Birch, what say you?
    The only government I trust is 45-70 Government!

Quote Originally Posted by 45CAT View Post
    You have got to test different types of ammo in the GB. Not all guns like the same ammo
    I totally agree. I have tried 32 brands of 22 LR ammunition in various rimfire models.

In saying that, I have never seen a 5" group @ 50 yards from any 22 LR firearm!

Brutal!........

From my research, I find five shot groups at various distances seem to give better results than ten or twenty round groups.

Food for thought.

CGN Regular
    I've got a 20 shot group just to show how spastic it is... I've emailed grey birch twice with nothing but crickets, but Grey Birch's rep on here just PM'd me so i really appreciate that. CGN community for the win. I'll see where that goes.

Here are 2 groups i just shot today, I've only got the crappy bulk Remington Golden Bullets right now - but these two groups are from the same box of ammo, on the same rifle stand, at the same target... The only difference is the almost 5" group size from the Grey Birch 10/22 and the ~1.75" (almost 1/3rd of the size) group from the bone stock CZ457.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast