Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 5/10 Type 81 Magazine Possible

CGN Ultra frequent flyer medvedqc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by phats View Post
    my expensive mod to a type 81 mag takes almost 2 hours to do. why not 5/5 or 5/10 is because they are too short. this mag needs to be rocked home and you want to be able to grip the mag easily. and why not use a AK mag, is as far as I know it does not lock the bolt back when empty.
    the lock back when empy is it a system you need? i had to discard to t81 mags that were not doing it ...

Quote Originally Posted by medvedqc View Post
    the lock back when empy is it a system you need? i had to discard to t81 mags that were not doing it ...
    of course lock back when empty is important, other wise I would grind a AK47 mag to fit a type 81.
    most semi autos ( hand guns and rifles ) lock back when mag is empty. if not needed why would the manufactures make them lock back.
    the only popular gun I can think of that does not lock back is the Ruger 10/22

Quote Originally Posted by phats View Post
    my expensive mod to a type 81 mag takes almost 2 hours to do. why not 5/5 or 5/10 is because they are too short. this mag needs to be rocked home and you want to be able to grip the mag easily. and why not use a AK mag, is as far as I know it does not lock the bolt back when empty.
    The 5/10 mags are too short you say? My ass…easy to work with and a nice length for shooting off a bench…They’re my favourite mag for my LMG…pro mag…easy to modify..

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Ian's latest Forgotten Weapons video showcases a Type 63 20 round magazine which I read elsewhere has the same bolt hold open mechanism as the magazine for the Type 81. Unfortunately, these are extremely rare, or else pinned they would make a nice shorty Type 81 magazine.

Quote Originally Posted by Forgotten Weapons Youtube Channel

Got some 5/10 steel mags from DoctorDeals (they still got some) a long while back and gave 'em the ol' whirr-o-bubba treatment without issue.
    I don't mind not having a BHO on and empty magazine all that much. If I were doing matches or comps, maybe, but as it is that's not a problem. Between the folder and LMG O gpt later, I have more than enough original mags to carry me in the unlikely event I need it.

what 5/15 to make everybody happy ....

I’m on board for 10 pinned

Marstar has 5/10rd ak mags and you can add the type 81 modification for $10.

Quote Originally Posted by Psynova View Post
    marstar is doing it?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Psynova View Post
    Sweet! Perfect for bipod or prone shooting!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast