Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bulk 9mm Ammo Sale on Now!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer padawan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lancelot82 View Post
    $2.00 savings to give them driver’s license and PAL? Not worth it one bit.
    Quote Originally Posted by thegazelle View Post
    Yeah, but is the $2.00 per box savings worth you giving them a copy of your PAL and driver's licence?
    Quote Originally Posted by roleicax View Post
    I thought PAL is good enough, why Driver's License? to make sure the address is the same as the DL?

You guys need to take your tinfoil hats off. There is so much more fraud with CC's. How much fraud do you think there is with Retail Gun Shops using your PAL info ?
    Poly is pissed eh...behold my field of f*cks..and see that it is bare!!

Murph83

Quote Originally Posted by padawan View Post
    You guys need to take your tinfoil hats off. There is so much more fraud with CC's. How much fraud do you think there is with Retail Gun Shops using your PAL info ?
    I just experienced one in mid-June with a CC I have ONLY used at a retail gun shop online (I have since advised them) where my card was compromised. I know it was at that retailer because that card has not been used anywhere else. Other members in a thread 2-3 months ago in the general discussion section also indicate recent compromising / fraud via purchases through some of the better known gun shops known to CGN. I totally get it that any business can be subject to a hack/compromised info, etc. It does happen.
    CCFR, CSSA, NRA (Life), CPC, CHP

You mind sending me a PM of who the retailer was? My father and I both had our cards fraudulently charged a few weeks back, and trying to narrow down where our info got leaked. Thanks.
    Play Safe, and Have Fun!

You mind sending me a PM of who the retailer was? My father and I both had our cards fraudulently charged a few weeks back, and trying to narrow down where our info got leaked. Thanks.

I just experienced one in mid-June with a CC I have ONLY used at a retail gun shop online (I have since advised them) where my card was compromised. I know it was at that retailer because that card has not been used anywhere else. Other members in a thread 2-3 months ago in the general discussion section also indicate recent compromising / fraud via purchases through some of the better known gun shops known to CGN. I totally get it that any business can be subject to a hack/compromised info, etc. It does happen.
    Play Safe, and Have Fun!

This is my point exactly. It's all CC fraud.

You guys all keep sending your CC info without a problem, but you all refuse to shop at this store because they want a copy of your PAL and Drivers License.

My question is.....who has had fraud committed with their PAL ?? I can't think of any reports of someone buying guns or ammo based off of Info obtained through a local gun shop.

Murph83

Quote Originally Posted by TaylorH86 View Post
    PM sent
    CCFR, CSSA, NRA (Life), CPC, CHP

Quote Originally Posted by padawan View Post
    This is my point exactly. It's all CC fraud.

You guys all keep sending your CC info without a problem, but you all refuse to shop at this store because they want a copy of your PAL and Drivers License.

My question is.....who has had fraud committed with their PAL ?? I can't think of any reports of someone buying guns or ammo based off of Info obtained through a local gun shop.
    you really are missing the point.. if employees cant be trusted with a CC, the can do a lot more damage with a CC, drivers, and PAL.

Quote Originally Posted by mgroom View Post
    you really are missing the point.. if employees cant be trusted with a CC, the can do a lot more damage with a CC, drivers, and PAL.
    At first I agreed with you, with NR purchases off of the EE and gunpost with a stolen pal, but then I wondered how many private sellers would take a cc, or would take cash from a guy showing a photocopy of one for a f2f. I would think a seller would be put off if John Seller was getting an etransfer from one name if the pal was a different one. There's a thread somewhere else where they name a couple stores in common with where they had their card comprised.
    I saw a site sponsor was hiring for new employees and they had a pal/rpal requirement. Maybe that will be the new way to go for that extra level of security, or more peace of mind than someone just off the street.

Quote Originally Posted by mgroom View Post
    I don’t believe I am. Because if I was…….there would be as many reported cases of PAL fraud as CC.

Anyway…….obviously shop where you feel comfortable. I have no reservations about dealing with Rangeview Sports.

Murph83

CGN Regular
    In a place where the creeps won’t get me lol

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast