Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: BCL MRX Bison Ranger 16.5" 5.56 Nato Non-Restricted

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Suther's Avatar
    Do they list the weight anywhere for this?

Anyone hear if they have plans for a lefty model?
    "We don't take souls, we leave that to wives and girlfriends, but we can do a layaway " - Grumpy Wolverine.

If you need religion to have good morals then you don't actually have good morals.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Can-down's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Suther View Post
    Do they list the weight anywhere for this?

Anyone hear if they have plans for a lefty model?

Just a bit more then the Scout at 7lbs according to BCL's specs. It's strange that they list the Ranger as 1moa and the scout as 1.5moa.

As far as left models I haven't heard anything and I'd think they would be working on the other calibers before lefty models but who knows....

Question though. As a lefty is it difficult to keep your left hand (strong hand) on the pistol grip and use your right hand to work the bolt? Seems to me that a pistol griped bolt action rifle would be an advantage over a traditional stock for a lefty working a righty bolt action.

Available in 5.56 NATO, 300 Blackout and 7.62x39. (Initial deliveries will be in 5.56N)Available with a Black, Grey or Tan chassis.Compatible with aftermarket stocks, grips, magazines and Rem 700 triggers.MRX BISON rangerA light, compact, accurate bolt action rifle with a 16.5 inch stainless steel barrel weighing in at 7.0 pounds.A fully aluminum chassis for stability, durability and accuracy.Ultra smooth, high performance action with picatinny top rail for ease of mounting primary optics.MLOK mounting points on bottom and side of fore-end for mounting bipods, tripods and other accessories. Rear QD point for slings.AR15 Magazine compatible. Ships with one 10/5 round magazine.Triggertech Rem 700 Primary trigger
    Last edited by Can-down; 07-12-2021 at 02:56 PM.
    Our Government trusts rivets more then law abiding gun owners.

Quote Originally Posted by Can-down View Post
    Just a bit more then the Scout at 7lbs according to BCL's specs. It's strange that they list the Ranger as 1moa and the scout as 1.5moa.

As far as left models I haven't heard anything and I'd think they would be working on the other calibers before lefty models but who knows....

Question though. As a lefty is it difficult to keep your left hand (strong hand) on the pistol grip and use your right hand to work the bolt? Seems to me that a pistol griped bolt action rifle would be an advantage over a traditional stock for a lefty working a righty bolt action.
    The problem for me is balance - typically there's just so much weight forward of the grip that it becomes pretty tiring pretty fast to try and hold the gun in the shoulder while cycling. That said I haven't tried it with a pistol grip specifically so I don't know if that would help. I do know that I have a tendency to want to point the rifle upwards to shift the center of gravity, but I don't like doing that because I prefer to keep my rifle level with my target just in case.
    "We don't take souls, we leave that to wives and girlfriends, but we can do a layaway " - Grumpy Wolverine.

If you need religion to have good morals then you don't actually have good morals.

The problem for me is balance - typically there's just so much weight forward of the grip that it becomes pretty tiring pretty fast to try and hold the gun in the shoulder while cycling. That said I haven't tried it with a pistol grip specifically so I don't know if that would help. I do know that I have a tendency to want to point the rifle upwards to shift the center of gravity, but I don't like doing that because I prefer to keep my rifle level with my target just in case.
    I remember watching Jeff from Gunlast doing that, he would tilt the rifle up and cant it to the left while working the bolt but that was with a traditional stock.

The shorter scout would be easier to balance one handed for sure but I bet the ranger wouldn't be too bad just canting the rifle a bit as you work the action.... worth a try I suppose if you can handle one at a local shop.

It's almost like they recognize their past failings and are taking measures to address them.... you could be right and they are doomed to fail yet again, but I'm a bit more optimistic as admitting their is a problem is the first step and investing a ton of capital to address it is the next.... time will tell but I'm willing to give this Canadian company some credit for attempting to address their past issues and wish them success going forward.
    Yes, when I watched the video that was my impression as well, that it was a subtle (and at parts not so subtle) way to admit that there were issues in the past, and I liked that Mr. McIntyre did not gloss over some of the issues in their history. I also saw the focus on precision QC as a way to communicate "we hear your concerns and are addressing them specifically this way...". I thought it was a very refreshing and honest presentation, and one steeped in optimism for the future, recognizing the past, but not living in it.
    CCFR, CSSA, NRA (Life), CPC, CHP

I love the look of the gun but I just bought my Tikka 3x CTR as I wanted to beat the implementation of the expanded gun controls. Unfortunately, it's going to have to wait for now.
    "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than a gardener in a war."

I don't know how feasible it would be for BCL, but I'd be stoked if it was possible to do a modified version of this gun but with a Remington 870 stock interface running a magpul SGA stock instead of the AR setup.

I don't know how feasible it would be for BCL, but I'd be stoked if it was possible to do a modified version of this gun but with a Remington 870 stock interface running a magpul SGA stock instead of the AR setup.
    Have you seen the Jackal?

Name:  JACKALLEFT-scaled-2000x466.jpg
Views: 534
Size:  10.9 KB

Have you seen the Jackal?

Name:  JACKALLEFT-scaled-2000x466.jpg
Views: 534
Size:  10.9 KB
    Thanks, I have seen pictures of the Jackel, looks good but quite heavy if I recall correctly.

https://blackcreeklabs.com/portfolio_page/jackal/

Jackal is 9.2 lbs. Without optics or accessories. Don't know about anyone else, but that's a heavy gun, from my perspective being shorter statured guy.

Bison is listed at 6.9 lbs, but that's base Bison.
    CCFR, CSSA, NRA (Life), CPC, CHP

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast