BCL MRX Bison Ranger 16.5" 5.56 Nato Non-Restricted

North_Sylva

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Business Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
SKU#: BISR55616BLK.

Comes with one Magpul PMag 5/30 Magazine.

Specifications:
https://blackcreeklabs.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/MRX-Bison-Spec-Sheet-2.pdf

Stocking Dealers:
- Bullseye North
- Ellwood Epps
- Firearms Outlet Canada
- Frontier Firearms
- G4C Sports
- Kelly's Online
- Marstar
- North Pro
- Northern Elite
- P&D Enterprises
- SFRC
- Tenda
- Tilsonburg
- Wolverine Supplies

Please allow 7-10 business days to arrive to dealers.

OhOvUD8.jpg

JcDPuxj.jpg

aDRdU9u.jpg

Last edited:
I have a Mossberg 223 16" in a LSS chassis so basically the same concept, The one thing that makes me interested in these would be their announcement of a 20 round mag for these :)

im having a hard time believing the qc willl be and better than it was back when they were nea.

I'm not having a hard time believing they will do better..... new management, new facility..... how can things not change?
Maybe your correct and they will not be capable of improving from what by many accounts was a pretty low bar.... but the thing with a low bar is it's easy to clear.

I've only ever bought NEA parts for the VZ's and they have all been great so I don't have a negative gun story about NEA ..... I actually wish the company was still called NEA as Black Creek Labs sounds a bit goofy to me for some reason.... :)

So far the reports are good.

I'm guessing they left off the extended upper hand guard for weight savings but it would be nice to have the both options available.

Last edited:
I don’t know dude they’ve been bcl for quite a while now and the 102s were dog ####.

When did they move into the new building with all the fancy computer controlled fabrication and quality control equipment? They have several promotional videos some which are linked in this thread talking about how they now use computer controlled machines for quality control that can do it faster and better then humans as far as measuring and controlling tolerances.

It's almost like they recognize their past failings and are taking measures to address them.... you could be right and they are doomed to fail yet again, but I'm a bit more optimistic as admitting their is a problem is the first step and investing a ton of capital to address it is the next.... time will tell but I'm willing to give this Canadian company some credit for attempting to address their past issues and wish them success going forward.

Do they list the weight anywhere for this?

Anyone hear if they have plans for a lefty model?

Just a bit more then the Scout at 7lbs according to BCL's specs. It's strange that they list the Ranger as 1moa and the scout as 1.5moa.

As far as left models I haven't heard anything and I'd think they would be working on the other calibers before lefty models but who knows....

Question though. As a lefty is it difficult to keep your left hand (strong hand) on the pistol grip and use your right hand to work the bolt? Seems to me that a pistol griped bolt action rifle would be an advantage over a traditional stock for a lefty working a righty bolt action.

Available in 5.56 NATO, 300 Blackout and 7.62x39. (Initial deliveries will be in 5.56N)Available with a Black, Grey or Tan chassis.Compatible with aftermarket stocks, grips, magazines and Rem 700 triggers.MRX BISON rangerA light, compact, accurate bolt action rifle with a 16.5 inch stainless steel barrel weighing in at 7.0 pounds.A fully aluminum chassis for stability, durability and accuracy.Ultra smooth, high performance action with picatinny top rail for ease of mounting primary optics.MLOK mounting points on bottom and side of fore-end for mounting bipods, tripods and other accessories. Rear QD point for slings.AR15 Magazine compatible. Ships with one 10/5 round magazine.Triggertech Rem 700 Primary trigger

Last edited:
Just a bit more then the Scout at 7lbs according to BCL's specs. It's strange that they list the Ranger as 1moa and the scout as 1.5moa.

As far as left models I haven't heard anything and I'd think they would be working on the other calibers before lefty models but who knows....

Question though. As a lefty is it difficult to keep your left hand (strong hand) on the pistol grip and use your right hand to work the bolt? Seems to me that a pistol griped bolt action rifle would be an advantage over a traditional stock for a lefty working a righty bolt action.

The problem for me is balance - typically there's just so much weight forward of the grip that it becomes pretty tiring pretty fast to try and hold the gun in the shoulder while cycling. That said I haven't tried it with a pistol grip specifically so I don't know if that would help. I do know that I have a tendency to want to point the rifle upwards to shift the center of gravity, but I don't like doing that because I prefer to keep my rifle level with my target just in case.

The problem for me is balance - typically there's just so much weight forward of the grip that it becomes pretty tiring pretty fast to try and hold the gun in the shoulder while cycling. That said I haven't tried it with a pistol grip specifically so I don't know if that would help. I do know that I have a tendency to want to point the rifle upwards to shift the center of gravity, but I don't like doing that because I prefer to keep my rifle level with my target just in case.

I remember watching Jeff from Gunlast doing that, he would tilt the rifle up and cant it to the left while working the bolt but that was with a traditional stock.

The shorter scout would be easier to balance one handed for sure but I bet the ranger wouldn't be too bad just canting the rifle a bit as you work the action.... worth a try I suppose if you can handle one at a local shop.

It's almost like they recognize their past failings and are taking measures to address them.... you could be right and they are doomed to fail yet again, but I'm a bit more optimistic as admitting their is a problem is the first step and investing a ton of capital to address it is the next.... time will tell but I'm willing to give this Canadian company some credit for attempting to address their past issues and wish them success going forward.

Yes, when I watched the video that was my impression as well, that it was a subtle (and at parts not so subtle) way to admit that there were issues in the past, and I liked that Mr. McIntyre did not gloss over some of the issues in their history. I also saw the focus on precision QC as a way to communicate "we hear your concerns and are addressing them specifically this way...". I thought it was a very refreshing and honest presentation, and one steeped in optimism for the future, recognizing the past, but not living in it.

I don't know how feasible it would be for BCL, but I'd be stoked if it was possible to do a modified version of this gun but with a Remington 870 stock interface running a magpul SGA stock instead of the AR setup.

I don't know how feasible it would be for BCL, but I'd be stoked if it was possible to do a modified version of this gun but with a Remington 870 stock interface running a magpul SGA stock instead of the AR setup.

Have you seen the Jackal?

JACKALLEFT-scaled-2000x466.jpg

Attachments

• JACKALLEFT-scaled-2000x466.jpg
    JACKALLEFT-scaled-2000x466.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 553
Back
Top Bottom