Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: BCL MRX Bison Ranger 16.5" 5.56 Nato Non-Restricted

So is the full barrel shroud option going to be available for this as soon as soon as this rifle is available or will it be a part we can buy later? I'm wanting a longer barrel than the 12.5, and one of the main draws to this rifle over my Ruger American is the full shroud. The Ruger is great, but the handguard is really small and I keep burning my hands on the barrel, so something like this fixes that problem.

X39 yet?

Is black going to be the only colour option?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Can-down's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tinman304 View Post
    Is black going to be the only colour option?
    Based on what the CEO said in one of the youtube videos, it sounds like you ask your dealer to ask the distributor (North Sylva) and then maybe something happens if a hundred people have the same idea as you..... ?

Hopefully I'm wrong about North Sylva putting in a small custom order but it sort of sounded like if there was enough demand they would do what ever is wanted.

It's nice that BCL wants to support a traditional distribution network but given the general level of customer support within the Canadian market and BCL's desire to "Do Better!"
    .... they should just go to direct sales and support.

Times are changing.
    Our Government trusts rivets more then law abiding gun owners.

Quote Originally Posted by Can-down View Post
    When did they move into the new building with all the fancy computer controlled fabrication and quality control equipment? They have several promotional videos some which are linked in this thread talking about how they now use computer controlled machines for quality control that can do it faster and better then humans as far as measuring and controlling tolerances.

It's almost like they recognize their past failings and are taking measures to address them.... you could be right and they are doomed to fail yet again, but I'm a bit more optimistic as admitting their is a problem is the first step and investing a ton of capital to address it is the next.... time will tell but I'm willing to give this Canadian company some credit for attempting to address their past issues and wish them success going forward.
    I hope your right. These do look cool. But north sylvan deleting my comments which are 100% true does not inspire confidence.

CGN Regular
    IS BCL still garbage boys? Or is this worth buying

Idunno why but BCL rifles always looked off to me. That mag well is abnormally huge.
    That’s a lot of metal they could have skimmed down on.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer randyhub's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chanrobi View Post
    IS BCL still garbage boys? Or is this worth buying
    Well I thought I would give them a try and cannot say enough about their customer service, and product.

I had weak ejection, sent an email within 3 days had the bolt upgrade kit and a patch as well! A 3 minute easy swap out and issue addressed. Had the same problem with 2 offer bolt action guns from another maker, but BCL beat them on support, love a Canadian company taking care of their buyers.

Really enjoy my Bison, shoots great, handy, built like a tank, awesome trigger, and now we have .300 Blackout and new 20 round magazines coming out, no regrets with this well thought out platform.

Now it is heavy, but if you want light buy a pencil barreled tupperware gun.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123