Bio Ammo is set to produce 20ga!! Opinions wanted !!

Wolverine .303

Business Member Rep
Business Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
In preparation for starting to manufacture 20 Gauge cartridges, we would greatly appreciate your help in compiling a list of the most popular configurations in terms of load, shot size and shot type that you the Canadian consumer and users are wanting to see!

Let us know your thoughts and dreams of the perfect 20 gauge round so we can do out best to bring what you want to market!!! This will help us to focus on manufacturing those cartridges that will be the most popular!

2J9QRXZ.png

I realize that sounds like a #### thing to say but I throw a minimum of half a case of hulls in the trash every week. I am 100% behind anything that makes my hobby a little cleaner, but it needs to be affordable (within reason) to make a difference.

20ga I use #4 shot, Slugs, and #7 shot !

20ga is hard to find for anything but 7 to 8 shot so I would buy a case of #4 and a case of slugs right off the bat if they are competitively priced.

Pretty much tried and true 20 ga have been offered for decades so I would think there is much need to deviate, but for sure 2 3/4=7/7.5 for clays, 3 in=4 buck because it works well in 20, a rifled slug 7/8 oz, maybe somthing out of thd box like 3 in= pumpkin ball or double ball .600 dia.
Price will be the hurdle, got to be under $85-90 per 250 rounds for shot and around $1.25 -$1.50 per slug or she be a hard sell against conventional lead.

I'd have to examine the specs on them first, I know I would not buy their "waterfowling" 12 ga steel ammo, too slow, been there done that, 30+ yrs ago when steel first came out. For upland birds, maybe. I haven't seen a decent bio friendly waterfowl load out of any of the English mfgrs, yet.

Last edited:
I'm always looking for a couple boxes of #4 high brass upland loads. I find them on the top end for the grouse, but still work on the snowshoe hares. #6 doesn't work on the hares the same. It's often at the end of the day coming down the mountain at losing light. #4 just works. Years ago I would come home with as many as possible, but since I have learned one big one is better :)

2-3/4"
7-8 lead/steel
rifled slugs
#4 steel

reading everyone else's comments, i have to say price will be the deciding factor, i've been picking up my spent shells for 40 years, i can do it for a few more, not going topay a lot more so i can leave a shell on the ground to watch it rot for the next 20 years...

Price will be the hurdle, got to be under $85-90 per 250 rounds for shot and around $1.25 -$1.50 per slug or she be a hard sell against conventional lead.

I'm sorry but that is not a world we live.....

A flat of ammo for $85.00 ? Your lucky if we see traditionally "cheap n' dirty" 12ga #8 shot close to that price these days..... let alone 20ga, Bio-degradable, various shots....

Back
Top Bottom