New MCR Lowers????

Status
Not open for further replies.
I won't replace my existing lower. It works well enough as is.

But I could see myself building another rifle from scratch with one of these at some point.

A step in the right direction cleaning up the rear of the receiver. Now all they need to do is change that magwell angle and we have a winner.

+1 from me. Aesthetically the slope up to the front is much more pleasing than the typical 180 look. Possibly even a better design du to allowing you to have a higher grip on the mag when you reload?

Why is it that when something cool comes out.. the whole thread is about asking for something else instead of showing support for the new product itself?

And we wonder why we can’t have nice things..

Why is it that when something cool comes out.. the whole thread is about asking for something else instead of showing support for the new product itself?

And we wonder why we can’t have nice things..

Idk from what i gather, all people are suggesting is that they address the wildly unpopular angle of the magwell. People have been requesting that for yrs, seems like businesses would like free customer feedback. I dont think anyone is being rude, or implying they are totally unsatisfied with this new product. Im buying one when theyre available, but i too would prefer a normal magwell angle.

I think the magwell angle is to support the mag from shifting front to back and causing malfunctions
Not real tan aesthetic choice, I’m just guessing though

Are there complete 556 MCR uppers available that are compatible with this lower?

Wolverine deals in whole rifles, but if you contact either of their manufacturing partners, Spectre LTD or Xtreme Shooting Center, I'm sure they would be happy to provide a completed upper for the appropriate recompense. I suspect Wolverine may still get a slice of the sale, since they commissioned to MCR design, but that's between them and their partners; if that's the case, you would still be supporting Wolverine and their efforts on behalf of the industry.

Sounds like wolverine partnered with spectre to distribute the new spec180 lower. I think that’s great news.

From Spectre_Steve's Instagram -> https://www.instagram.com/p/CRgp919rJqI/
Spectre_Steve on Instagram said:
hrOVWnzl.png

Bigger -> https://i.imgur.com/hrOVWnz.png

From what they've posted elsewhere and in the email I received, Spectre certainly sounds ready to ship these. Really looking forward to an email from Wolverine, hopefully tomorrow? *nudge* *nudge* :)

Exactly my thoughts as well. I did however receive an email from one of the sales reps at wolverine this am (Monday am) replying to a separate email of mine from July 15th. In my email from the 15th I just made a general inquiry of these lowers, the response I got Monday am was:
“ At this moment I can confirm that they have made one and that we are planning to retail it. We have not had a chance to sit down with the guys at Spectre
And discuss the pricing, so at the moment I am not sure when it is coming my way and I am not sure on the rice that it will go for.
It is something that they have been working on, on their own and we were just informed last week.

If there is anything I can help you with, please let me know!”

So I dunno. Someone just take my money and ship me a piece of metal haha

Exactly my thoughts as well. I did however receive an email from one of the sales reps at wolverine this am (Monday am) replying to a separate email of mine from July 15th. In my email from the 15th I just made a general inquiry of these lowers, the response I got Monday am was:
“ At this moment I can confirm that they have made one and that we are planning to retail it. We have not had a chance to sit down with the guys at Spectre
And discuss the pricing, so at the moment I am not sure when it is coming my way and I am not sure on the rice that it will go for.
It is something that they have been working on, on their own and we were just informed last week.

If there is anything I can help you with, please let me know!”

So I dunno. Someone just take my money and ship me a piece of metal haha

If that's the case, I can understand why Wolverine is being slow on releasing the details. They've pretty much vowed to swear off pre-orders after issues selling a certain rifle, so they probably would rather sell this on a per item basis as Spectre LTD makes them. Once the new lower is battle-tested, it may become the default MCR lower, but only after a good period of testing, and after existing supplies of first gen lowers are exhausted. Until then, they will likely be sold piece-meal, probably being sold out the moment an individual production run hits the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom