CanadianGunNutz.com logo, Firearms News and Classifieds in Canada

Page 14 of 34 FirstFirst ... 467891011121314151617181920212224 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 337

Thread: Lynx 180B Lower Receiver

  1. #131
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Posts
    30
    Quote Originally Posted by SpectreBallistics View Post
    Just an update for everyone:

    Batch 1 is anodizing now. Should be finished next week.

    Batch 2 should be on the CNC today or Monday. We're just waiting on material to arrive.

    Batch 2 is sold out.

    Zhukov Yugo AK stock mounts will be on the CNC once batch 2 standard stock mounts are finished.

    Batch 3 is now open: https://spectreballistics.com/ar-180...r-deposit.html
    Update on uppers? I need a set.

  2. #132
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Posts
    30
    Everyone here wants SBI or Nodak spud now. Since they have the model right. Difficult choice i can only get 1.

  3. #133
    Business Member SpectreBallistics's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Sherwood Park, AB
    Posts
    1,248
    Quote Originally Posted by Merk762 View Post
    Update on uppers? I need a set.
    Design is pretty much done. We will be prototyping in a couple of weeks. I know everyone is excited to get our uppers, but we're taking our time to make sure they are perfect, and to make sure they work with WS-MCR, WK-180C, and our own BCGs.

  4. #134
    CGN frequent flyer
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    1,458
    If it's not propietary information, will you be SBI be manufacturing the guide rods and springs for the recoil system in house, or sourcing them from another manufacturer?
    Last edited by SpectreBallistics; 08-13-2021 at 12:24 PM.

  5. #135
    Business Member SpectreBallistics's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Sherwood Park, AB
    Posts
    1,248
    Quote Originally Posted by Ustauk View Post
    If it's not propietary information, will you be SBI be manufacturing the guide rods and springs for the recoil system in house, or sourcing them from another manufacturer?
    Springs will be from another manufacturer (not a gun manufacturer, but a company that specializes in springs) We have worked with a couple of spring manufacturers in the past. The tools to make springs are expensive and very specialized, yet getting springs made is quite cheap. We would never have the volume to justify making springs in-house.

    As for guide rods, not sure yet. We might get another machine shop to make them, or we might do them in house.

  6. #136
    Super GunNutz Battleworn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    227
    Can you share any photos of the design?

  7. #137
    Business Member SpectreBallistics's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Sherwood Park, AB
    Posts
    1,248
    Quote Originally Posted by Battleworn View Post
    Can you share any photos of the design?
    Of the upper? Not at this point. Soon!

    We're trying to have proper mil-spec rail on it, and if that works we'll share photos.

  8. #138
    CGN frequent flyer
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    1,458
    Quote Originally Posted by SpectreBallistics View Post
    Springs will be from another manufacturer (not a gun manufacturer, but a company that specializes in springs) We have worked with a couple of spring manufacturers in the past. The tools to make springs are expensive and very specialized, yet getting springs made is quite cheap. We would never have the volume to justify making springs in-house.

    As for guide rods, not sure yet. We might get another machine shop to make them, or we might do them in house.
    Thanks! Looking forward to the pictures when you're ready.

  9. #139
    CGN Regular
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    223
    Please no ambi changing. Changing hand on the right and dust cover like the one Brownells makes the brn 180 upper. PLEASE !!!!

  10. #140
    CGN Regular Kamikaze11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Gatineau Qc
    Posts
    348
    Quote Originally Posted by Patriot762x51 View Post
    Please no ambi changing. Changing hand on the right and dust cover like the one Brownells makes the brn 180 upper. PLEASE !!!!
    On the lefffffffft hahaha

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •