Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Please help! Newbie restricted storage question

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I heard a firearms instructor tell my wife that hollow point bullets are very dangerous and therefore banned in Canada. I showed him some Canadian dealer web sites where you can buy all kind of different caliber hollow point ammunition. Even then he didn't believe me.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer maple_leaf_eh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Aatrox View Post

And I must say the gun forum community is so friendly and helpful to newbies, it’s a shame that the rcmp assume we are potential criminals and guilty until proven innocent , but that’s a different story
    Just wait! One mistake, and we'll rip the flesh off your bones like a pack of wolverines in springtime on a fresh moose carcass.
    Jean Charest after coming a distant second to Pierre Poilievre. “You deserve a clean slate and the opportunity to unite the membership. ... Only Liberals benefit from a divided (Conservative Party).” Will the malcontents listen?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer maple_leaf_eh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scianna54 View Post
    I heard a firearms instructor tell my wife that hollow point bullets are very dangerous and therefore banned in Canada. I showed him some Canadian dealer web sites where you can buy all kind of different caliber hollow point ammunition. Even then he didn't believe me.
    Yes indeed the uninformed abound. And unfortunately many of them insist their position is absolutely factual.

I will say part of the ignorance of the outside world comes from having to teach the half-truths and heavy messaging incorporated in the safety course itself. As I also warn people who know firearms, hold your nose and repeat exactly what you are taught.
    Jean Charest after coming a distant second to Pierre Poilievre. “You deserve a clean slate and the opportunity to unite the membership. ... Only Liberals benefit from a divided (Conservative Party).” Will the malcontents listen?

i overheard in a gunstore recently, employee telling customer that if his home has locks on the doors and they are kept locked. that is a vault.
    The Strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves
    against tyranny in government - Thomas Jefferson.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Aatrox View Post
    Hello everyone. I recently decided to buy a cz 75, and while looking for gun safes I have been filled with all sorts of horror stories with gun owners end up in jail or spends tons of money in court to stay out over the most trivial matters (mike Hargreaves case). I read extensively on the rcmp website and different interpretations, I thought all I need is a locked safe box and trigger lock my pistol, but the store I went to told me I need a vault that is at least 300 lbs or nailed onto the ground permanently, both options are extremely inconvenient to me currently , is this mandatory? Where do I find on rcmp website that outlines the 300 lbs requirement? Also, I find it extremely unreasonable that if a break and enter happens, Even after I report my gun stolen I would still head straight to jail for 2-5 years. In fact I had experienced break and enter before and I don’t believe a rooted strong box have any major impact in protecting my gun if they insist on breaking it, plus moving in a giant 300 lbs gun safe in an apartment is like announcing to everyone I have weapons stored in my unit. If I am going to buy a 24 gun safe to store 1 pistol just to meet the weight requirement , I must see the requirement somewhere, and I just couldn’t find it, can someone please enlighten me on this matter? Or can I just grab that 22 lbs pistol vault store my pistol trigger locked and hidden from sight? Sorry for then ranting guys, thanks for helping in advance
    Given your concerns, best get a short-term Authorization To Transport (ATT), "for temporary storage", and keep your CZ-75 in a bank safety deposit box.
    Kyle Defoor talks about Mindset:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vPCqMo9TCg

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12