Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: RS-Q2 Non Restricted Semi Auto .308 rifle

Quote Originally Posted by Wind of Pain View Post
    I believe this looks like it uses all standard AR-15/10 style parts, however it only looks that way and most standard parts are not actually compatible with the receiver set. This was done intentionally to prevent it from falling victim to the trappings of being a “variant”.

I could be totally wrong, but I think I read this information somewhere.
    Soooo you mean exactly like ATRS and Maccabee rifles?

Quote Originally Posted by Wind of Pain View Post
    I believe this looks like it uses all standard AR-15/10 style parts, however it only looks that way and most standard parts are not actually compatible with the receiver set. This was done intentionally to prevent it from falling victim to the trappings of being a “variant”.

I could be totally wrong, but I think I read this information somewhere.
    You mean little like the Derya Mk 12 shotgun…….that worked out well.
    My wife calls me a pessimist. I claim I'm a realist. But I'm probably just an a$$hole with an attitude problem.

I need a receiver set or 2 like yesterday

Uber Super GunNutz davide montini's Avatar
    This was advertised on gunpost ...they said it there web site will be up and running in a few weeks ...interesting I will watch for it
    viva la FICA ..E va fan culo!!!!!..Ontario government is like the nazis ..too many family and friends in the government...it's who you know and blow

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage View Post
    Soooo you mean exactly like ATRS and Maccabee rifles?
    Nope…. AR-10 barrel will not fit, AR-10 Carrier won’t work (not sure about the bolt head) barrel nut is supposed to be a different thread pitch or size, not compatible with “standard” AR-10 style hand guards, I believe only the grip and stock are compatible with standard AR parts.

So no, not like a ATRS MS or Maccabee gun. Those used mostly readily available milspec
    Parts.(with some exceptions)

Also I’m not confirming this, however I believe it was in a press release for the 223 version of the rifle.
    Within the Vacuum of Infinity...

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrblak77 View Post
    My understanding is that Macabee and ATRS applied for an FRT status originally which isn't needed. So you can make a rifle and sell it with no FRT status and say it meets all non restricted requirements. Until someone says otherwise. I'm not 100% sure on this and could be wrong.
    I can't speak for Wyatt, but back when we created our Modern Series of rifles the SFSS were spewing that an FRT was required for the sale of a firearm in Canada. We also got major push back from both CGN members and administration, so held back sales until we had a child FRT. Still there was push back, so again we held back until we had the production FRT.
    Fast forward to today and we KNOW that the SFSS was playing fast and loose with the facts. ( They still are) Being as the FRT is merely the opinion of the SFSS and NOT law, nor enforceable it would appear that the FRT is not a requirement at all.
    Now that all being said , most LE depend on the heavily flawed FRT, and now unlawfully heavily altered and with many parts deleted, to determine the classification of a firearm. So in the event of being challenged by LE as to what the legal classification according to the FRT states that the firearm in question is, things could get expensive for the firearms owner as most LE will default to lay the charges, seize the firearm and let the courts sort it out.
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there

CGN Regular
    Considering the modern Hunter and modern varmint use many proprietary parts, the barrel, bcg, charging handle and receivers are unique, yet are still classed ( illegally by the rcmp ) as prohibited, there is no reason that this rifle falls into the non restricted “ category based on anything.
    Atrs basically set the bar for non restricted with the modern Hunter, yet it is still on the amended list.
    Whether this RS-Q2 is the best built rifle on the planet, I still wouldn’t take the risk owning something that isn’t legally classified. As ATRS stated, the legal bills after being challenged by a LEO would add up fast

CGN Regular
    Looks interesting and something I would be interested in but at that price, you're in B&T territory.

So far I've seen two people come forward to say this is a scam. Anyone have one these rifles in their hand yet? Just want to see proof before I put money down.

CGN Regular
    It looked fishy from the beginning and now starts to smell it too.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast