Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: RS-Q2 Non Restricted Semi Auto .308 rifle

Yeah brownbear53 seems to be of a different opinion and I'm just wondering if they can back up their claim.

Quote Originally Posted by Terrible_E View Post
    Yeah brownbear53 seems to be of a different opinion and I'm just wondering if they can back up their claim.
    The gun has been produced, at least the 223 Wylde model was! I've handled one and at the time they were built to order and they only had 2 models on the wall.
    The person responsible for production is commonly known as " COLT Store Canada" located at "31726 South Fraser Way Abbotsford, BC V2T 6R3"
    You enter through the main door and have to go through 3 more sets of doors all locked and dead bolted, with multiple "pet mastiffs" between doors till you get to the Store front/gun room
    They do some minor consignment work too

He is a licensed manufacturer (at least he claims to be), is an authorized colt dealer and has almost every model in house, does some minor work on firearms as a gunsmith and also used to build COLT ARs to order.

Allegedly helped Maccabee design the SLR, and then sued them for something he didn't disclose to me, ranted, and said "my design is better"
    Essentially he sourced SLR lowers, replaced the hold down bolt on the receiver (lower to upper) to a hex key screw with a locknut cross bolted right under it, (which was supposed to solve the notorious problem of those screws falling out if not paid attention to over multiple range trips.)
    Now this was all three years ago, At the time I was looking for options and finally settled on ATRS after the experience I had with this place, back then they were 2200$ full payment required for a 2-3 month turn around time, you couldn't buy their models off the shelf.
    SLR lower and upper, IBI barrels, their inhouse machined BCG and inhouse available parts was the basic build for that price.
    Given the weird conversation we had about everything and the down talking to literally everyone else including known places like Reliable Gun and other local stores, (Id rather not end up in a he said she said situation mentioning it) I striked them out the buy list and got my ATRS.

Siwash sports or Hi CAL sports is the only place that sold these (also pre ordered) back then.

FAST FORWARD TO THE OIC and since then (not in chronological order sorry)

- The manufacturer has since taken down his website, you can only find a Yelp page now,
    - The same rifle, same pictures have been used across 7 websites, all now defunct, marketed in the same way, same details, same pictures and have been called all sorts of things such as the "RESCUE2, RS-Q1, RSQ2, RSQ Eagle, Eagle Sporter, OSPREY, NON-RESTRICTED RIFLE (yes this is engraved on the receiver))
    - Everybody that I hear has ordered was told "next month, next month" for lead times leading up to a year more, which is now three years of a wait,
    - Siwash sports has 0 instock, they sold the 1 floor model they owned. They currently still have the listing up as out of stock, but the price has gone from 2199 to 4249
    listing found here https://www.siwashsports.ca/eagle-rs...rifle-223.html
    - The manufacturer no longer responds to inquiries and has kind of just ghosted away,
    - The store still exists but you cant visit them blamed on Covid) even though all other stores around them are open
    - 2-3 people have been bragging about this rifle all over the internet and posting links to facebook groups for ordering, those that did none of them have received their rifles yet.
    - All the Reviews are on websites are done by profiles with a near to non existent social presence, there's even a YouTube channel that was dedicated to making videos about this, he spammed groups with videos and links for three weeks, the YouTube channel now is missing, none of those videos can be found and the FB profile is deleted, I can attest to this as I had saved some of his posts and all those links are now invalid webpages.
    - I later concluded with some cross referencing that these videos were made by one of his employees.
    - More and more people are now coming out saying they never got anything, and the whole thing looks very sketch, given everything I know and have found out I wouldn't bother touching it with a 10 foot pole, especially not after the comments the guy made about why he built the rifle and why its called the "RSQ" rifle. a recording of that conversation would have been enough to indict him with multiple counts.

I know the name of the person, I know I have his contact details somewhere too, he gave them to me because I left his store, all being said, its not my concern to DOX his details out, id rather give out my facts as I know them, with information that's already publicly available. Id also jump to any opportunity to prevent anybody associating with these guys.

Sorry I'm not the best at checking in, new here and I am still figuring all the things out as I go.

Cheers

Running a full page ad for RS Q1 /RSQ2 in Canadian Access paper

Quote Originally Posted by LUCK12 View Post
    Running a full page ad for RS Q1 /RSQ2 in Canadian Access paper
    Correct,
    That was his initial strategy of marketing, in hopes of getting ATRS/SLR like attention but that failed miserable as not a lot of people read that anymore.
    Im not sure if he is still advertising as such.

Since my last post, I have also found this with some quick google searches.

https://www.reddit.com/r/canadaguns/...he_rsq1_rifle/

Quote Originally Posted by brownbear53 View Post
    Correct,
    That was his initial strategy of marketing, in hopes of getting ATRS/SLR like attention but that failed miserable as not a lot of people read that anymore.

There's been another reddit thread regarding another poor transaction experience here. https://www.reddit.com/r/canadaguns/..._and_the_rsq2/

I've also been following this rifle for quite a while now. I got the same experience as you and the 2 reddit users (fork over $XXXX for a deposit, last chance before it goes to Reliable and the "others" (whilst calling them clowns), etc.) and decided to take my money elsewhere, after contacting Reliable and being told they weren't aware of the existence of the rifle. That's interesting though, I was told the operations were in Chilliwack and I think they started getting clammy over the phone when I said I can always drop by and pick it up and only asked for a much smaller deposit than others have cited ($1000).

Quote Originally Posted by wa000 View Post
    There's been another reddit thread regarding another poor transaction experience here. https://www.reddit.com/r/canadaguns/..._and_the_rsq2/

I've also been following this rifle for quite a while now. I got the same experience as you and the 2 reddit users (fork over $XXXX for a deposit, last chance before it goes to Reliable and the "others" (whilst calling them clowns), etc.) and decided to take my money elsewhere, after contacting Reliable and being told they weren't aware of the existence of the rifle. That's interesting though, I was told the operations were in Chilliwack and I think they started getting clammy over the phone when I said I can always drop by and pick it up and only asked for a much smaller deposit than others have cited ($1000).
    Gotta love how ballsy Stephen is though, his email has him Quoting his barrels got stuck at the border, meanwhile IBI is in Canada and the rifles are "supposedly" IBI barrels.
    I had a buddy with me when I visited the store three years ago, lets just say after the phone conversation I wanted an eyewitness with me xD

I followed his advertising and the rife with the same passion as I followed ATRS, for two completely opposite reasons though,

At this point all I can hope for is that anybody that threw money at him manages to get it back, and that consequences for any wrongdoing are faced.
    The Canadian firearms community is small, and the last thing we need is people pulling stunts like this

Quote Originally Posted by brownbear53 View Post
    Correct,

Still in the December issue

CGN Regular
    Are there any of these rifles in the wild or they still pre-order stage?

Quote Originally Posted by D3vin View Post
    Are there any of these rifles in the wild or they still pre-order stage?
    so far ive only seen negative interactions with the company so i'd suggest only buying one if it was in hand

At $4000+ why would anyone buy this instead of the APC308?
    Last edited by Bonjour43ma; 01-10-2022 at 02:43 PM.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast