Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Freedom SALE!

Freedom SALE!

Ontario has finally opened most everything up so I thought I would do a quick flash sale! It ends Tuesday at 9am.

theammosource.com

Name:  Freedom-Sale-2021-Stage3.jpg
Views: 2189
Size:  157.3 KB

CGN Regular
    Lol starts 17th but was posted today haha

Quote Originally Posted by Pellel2 View Post
    Lol starts 17th but was posted today haha
    We're posting on different platforms at different times to play with analytics etc.

Ryan

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Ipscshooters's Avatar
    There are some great deals to be had at 18% off thanks ammo source my orders in

removed
    Last edited by CHaRybdIS; 07-20-2021 at 04:14 PM.

There is a huge amount of online fraud with optics right now. We're asking for extra ID for buyers we are new customers, especially when the billing address doesn't match the shipping address.

It is your first order and you want to have it shipped to an address that doesn't match the billing address. This raises a few flags with us so we asked for extra ID. Wouldn't you want someone to verify it is actually you buying something since the addresses don't match up.

Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by CHaRybdIS View Post
    So, I thought I would avail myself of the savings here. Bought a scope. Only to receive a message that in order to complete the order I was required to send a copy of my PAL, it was suggested by Sally that unless I complied they would consider my order to be fraudulent.
    This isn't the first time this has happened to me, I had a similar experience at Latulippe.], only I don't think they specifically asked for my PAL.
    I can purchase a firearm online by supplying my name, pal # and expiry date. I don't see how sending any picture of a photo id combats fraud in any way for an online transaction.
    So why do retailers ask for this?

I'm furious right now.

Quote Originally Posted by CHaRybdIS View Post
    So, I thought I would avail myself of the savings here. Bought a scope. Only to receive a message that in order to complete the order I was required to send a copy of my PAL, it was suggested by Sally that unless I complied they would consider my order to be fraudulent.
    This isn't the first time this has happened to me, I had a similar experience at Latulippe.], only I don't think they specifically asked for my PAL.
    I can purchase a firearm online by supplying my name, pal # and expiry date. I don't see how sending any picture of a photo id combats fraud in any way for an online transaction.
    So why do retailers ask for this?

I'm furious right now.
    I had the same thing happen a week ago buying unregulated parts. A different company mind you.

I took my business elsewhere. overstepping requirements imo it seems fishy when multiple businesses are doing this now.

Quote Originally Posted by testosteronecyp View Post
    I had the same thing happen a week ago buying unregulated parts. A different company mind you.

I took my business elsewhere. overstepping requirements imo it seems fishy when multiple businesses are doing this now.
    Did you read the reply from the retailer? Buddy is trying to buy a scope and have it shipped to an address other than the billing address and he's also a first time customer. I don't blame SFRC for being cautious and asking for more details to cover their ass.

Simple phone call could clear things up. I've never had a problem with these guys in the past.

removed
    Last edited by CHaRybdIS; 07-20-2021 at 04:14 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast