Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sig Sauer Cross .308 Winchester Bolt Action Rifle in Canada 1599.00USD 7 left

CGN Regular
    So are these rifles recalled? or fixed from recall or what's the status?

Quote Originally Posted by chanrobi View Post
    man did you guys sleep through your PAL classes or what lol
    The .308 cross with the 16” barrel is 25” OAL folded, so because the OAL is reduced below 26” by a folding mechanism it would not be considered non restricted. The 6.5cm ones that came it right away had a longer barrel so folded length was above 26” and it wasn’t an issue.

So, since those asking this question were apparently ride awake during their PAL course people want to know what was done to keep the OAL above 26” when folded? Longer barrel, muzzle device attached, stock modified to not fold or some other means to extend the folded OAL

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by KaneZoR View Post
    The .308 cross with the 16” barrel is 25” OAL folded, so because the OAL is reduced below 26” by a folding mechanism it would not be considered non restricted. The 6.5cm ones that came it right away had a longer barrel so folded length was above 26” and it wasn’t an issue.

So, since those asking this question were apparently ride awake during their PAL course people want to know what was done to keep the OAL above 26” when folded? Longer barrel, muzzle device attached, stock modified to not fold or some other means to extend the folded OAL
    The ones available from Canadian retailers have slightly longer barrels (about 16.6 or 422mm) which makes the overall length 26” when folded. There is a new entry in the FRT for these variants that list them as non-restricted. The 406mm barrel variants are restricted. I would verify that these have the longer barrel before purchasing. Also note that the photo being used in the OP has a different hand guard than what Sig is shipping.

https://www.armalytics.ca/?q=Sig%20cross&size=n_10_n

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Can-down's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtual.Chris View Post
    The ones available from Canadian retailers have slightly longer barrels (about 16.6 or 422mm) which makes the overall length 26” when folded. There is a new entry in the FRT for these variants that list them as non-restricted. The 406mm barrel variants are restricted. I would verify that these have the longer barrel before purchasing. Also note that the photo being used in the OP has a different hand guard than what Sig is shipping.

The picture also shows the flip down dust cover that never made it to final production..... I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest that the photo is out of date and does not represent the current product.

A few weeks back someone posted that in the end when they measured the 16" model it was long enough to make it non restricted out of the box without any custom Canadianization of the rifle.
    Our Government trusts rivets more then law abiding gun owners.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Can-down View Post
    A few weeks back someone posted that in the end when they measured the 16" model it was long enough to make it non restricted out of the box without any custom Canadianization of the rifle.
    Interesting. But maybe they measured the Canadian 16" version. Both variations are marketed as having a 16" barrel. I just got mine... from a Canadian retailer and it measures exactly 26" when folded, and mine has 2" poking out past the hand-guard.

Here's the original 16" (note the barrel poke at the end)...

Here's the Canadian 16"...

Perfect that’s the answer I was looking for, now the next question is are the IRG guns the Canadian specific model or are the the shorter 16” standard guns?

Our Sig Cross rifles all measure out over 26.0 and look like this file pic. They are Non Restricted.

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 2708
Size:  19.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by KaneZoR View Post
    Perfect that’s the answer I was looking for, now the next question is are the IRG guns the Canadian specific model or are the the shorter 16” standard guns?

Flat rate shipping to Canada is 25.00USD on all accessory and ammunition orders regardless of quantities ordered. Firearms are exported to Canada at a flat rate of 25.00USD per firearm.

The IRUNGUNS Team

www.irunguns.ca
    www.irunguns.com

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Can-down's Avatar
    Interesting. But maybe they measured the Canadian 16" version. Both variations are marketed as having a 16" barrel. I just got mine... from a Canadian retailer and it measures exactly 26" when folded, and mine has 2" poking out past the hand-guard.
    Thanks for the pictures, I hadn't noticed that.
    Looks like a pretty sweet compact and liteweight package!
    Our Government trusts rivets more then law abiding gun owners.

Any chance of a .277 sig fury

Quote Originally Posted by IRUNGUNS View Post
    Our Sig Cross rifles all measure out over 26.0 and look like this file pic. They are Non Restricted.

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 2708
Size:  19.6 KB
    Perfect!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast