CanadianGunNutz.com logo, Firearms News and Classifieds in Canada

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Black Creek Labs MRX Bison

Black Creek Labs MRX Bison

The MRX Bison is a compact, light and rugged bolt action rifle that is chambered in 5.56x45mm and is fed with AR-15 magazines. This rifle would be comfortable in its scabbard on the side of a horse, packed, slung or mounted onto a utility vehicle for ranch, range or backcountry duty. The vertical pistol grip and adjustable stock allows for the rifle to be shot comfortably in any position. In addition to being compatible with AR-15 magazines, the MRX Bison also feeds from the MRX MAG bolt action magazine, which is a 20 round magazine that has longer feed lips and a follower stop that (unlike AR-15 mags) allows the action to be closed with a fitted, empty magazine.

Chassis
    True bolt action chassis machined from aircraft grade aluminum and finished with Type III hard coat anodize and Cerakote. The chassis comes with side and under rail MLOK mounting points and an integral “one point” QD sling point on the opposite side of the bolt. The magwell is made to accept both AR-15 and MRX supershort magazines. The stock and grip are compatible with standard AR15 furniture.

Action
    MRX Supershort with three lug bolt offering a 60 degree bolt throw.

Barrel
    Match Grade Steel Barrel finished with Nitride.

Trigger
    TriggerTech Remington 700 Primary Trigger.

Click HERE
    Please email all requests for information on product availability/ordering to orders@theshootingcentre.com. Any prices quoted are only valid for 30 days from date of original posting. All firearm and ammunition sales subject to PAL verification.

When are you expecting any calibre except .223..?

Looking for that 300 BLK
    Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of #### by the clean end.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brian46's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenman View Post
    Looking for that 300 BLK
    Same

Eta?
    If it's either loud, obnoxious, fast, hated by the general population or any combination of these, I OWN IT!!

CGN Regular
    Questions about the barrel - Is it fixed with a barrel nut? Or direct thread into the receiver? What's the thread pitch, is it standard (e.g. savage small shank, or Rem 700, etc?)

Questions about the receiver and chassis - is the chassis pattern based on an existing receiver? Could you replace that chassis with another, or with a stock?

I've had interest in this rifle for a while, but despite asking the questions on multiple forums I have never gotten an answer.

Canadian Caliber mentioned it having Ruger RPR barrels and uses a barrel nut. The chassis is proprietary.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian46 View Post
    Same

Eta?
    Yup, still waiting for the .300 Blackout version.
    Justice is against the law

CGN Regular
    Would also love to learn about these rifles. Anyone that own one want to chime in on quality of product? 12" or 16" I am curious about these as a potential truck/bush quick load n go.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Tvw View Post
    Would also love to learn about these rifles. Anyone that own one want to chime in on quality of product? 12" or 16" I am curious about these as a potential truck/bush quick load n go.
    It seems like really high quality. It's a very nice firearm. It shoots pretty darn good too. It's an insane deal for what you pay IMO.

Took mine out for the first time last night to get it on paper. Judging by the SN there are at least 70 something out there.

Only issue with mine was the tab for removing the bolt was sticking and it would not ignite Norinco white box. Everything else worked fine.

Very good fit and finish. With the supplied brake it doesn’t go pew pew, more like BLAM BLAM!
    Last edited by Bulriver; 07-07-2021 at 10:00 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast