Thread: M15

M15

hey guy,

i've recently been looking at ordering a M15 from PGWDTI. i'm just curious if anyone has any experience behind one of these rifles or more information besides what is available from their website. since this is aimed and marketed as a commercial/recreation rifle for civilians, are their tolerances similar to what you would expect from a Timberwolf? Are they built and held to the same standard or in order to achieve a lower price and make them more accessible has quality and tolerances been sacrificed? i'm genuinely curious as i'm dying to place an order, and hoping it will be as buttery smooth as a custom action.

CGN Regular
    I think the more appropriate comparison would be the M15 to the coyote action than the timberwolf. All of my PGW rifles shoot under 0.5 moa if I do my part. I've had the tightest groupings with my coyote, but both it (308) and the M15 (6.5) have been taken out well passed 1km where my call on the wind makes more of difference on my bracket than the rifle's inherent accuracy. The M15 is built on a R700 footprint so your choice of stocks, etc is anything you want it to be. If you go with the M15, the extra cash can go to a quality optic. I personally like the Schmidt & Benders which Nate can also hook you up with.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by wonnabesniper View Post
    hey guy,

i've recently been looking at ordering a M15 from PGWDTI. i'm just curious if anyone has any experience behind one of these rifles or more information besides what is available from their website. since this is aimed and marketed as a commercial/recreation rifle for civilians, are their tolerances similar to what you would expect from a Timberwolf? Are they built and held to the same standard or in order to achieve a lower price and make them more accessible has quality and tolerances been sacrificed? i'm genuinely curious as i'm dying to place an order, and hoping it will be as buttery smooth as a custom action.
    They all cycle well. There's minimal difference to either action's function.

Did you check out KS Arms?

i understand a more fair comparison would be with the coyote, as they are both short action rifles and both chambered in the same calibers. I was only comparing it to the timberwolf in terms of QC as the timberwolf is not necessarily marketed to the civilian market as its sold to armed forces through out the world, how ever they do sell many to civilians.

i appreciate the information tho, that there should be minimal difference in quality through out their product line. i will most likely be ordering one soon.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by viallet View Post
    I think the more appropriate comparison would be the M15 to the coyote action than the timberwolf. All of my PGW rifles shoot under 0.5 moa if I do my part. I've had the tightest groupings with my coyote, but both it (308) and the M15 (6.5) have been taken out well passed 1km where my call on the wind makes more of difference on my bracket than the rifle's inherent accuracy. The M15 is built on a R700 footprint so your choice of stocks, etc is anything you want it to be.
    Pretty much my thoughts, except you can get the M15 in 223 which is a bonus in my mind. My M15 action wasn't as "smooth" out of the box as my Coyote but now they are about the same.
    #torontoexit

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I'm now the happy owner of a Coyote and 2 M15s. Always great service and all questions answered quickly and accurately.
    Can not say enough great things about PGW.
    #torontoexit