WS-MCR ''New'' lower receiver available to order

So can we assume there'll be some 5.56 uppers sold separately too?

Wolverine mentioned they were interested in selling only complete rifles; they seem to be making an exception for their retail partner. You may need to order the upper from Xtreme, or possibly Spectre LTD directly; hard to say for sure.

Okay.. spectre limited..
that’s not spectre ballistics right, because they have a lower and it’s different than this and also new..
same name and same product?

I cannot find spectre ltd website, can someone help me here

Do all the internal parts swap over from the mcr? Other then wanting a beaver grip. Or any different pin widths etc.

Is it all ar parts? I’m not even sure.

(I’m assuming they are striped receivers)

Last edited:
Okay.. spectre limited..
that’s not spectre ballistics right, because they have a lower and it’s different than this and also new..
same name and same product?

I cannot find spectre ltd website, can someone help me here

The Spectre LTD Spec 180 Lower will appear on the Wolverine site for sale eventually. As a pure manufacturer, Spectre LTD in Ontario doesn't have their own web page, but a lot of info can be gleamed from their Instagram page -> https://www.instagram.com/spectre_ltd/ .

Spectre Ballistics International of Alberta, hereafter referred to as SBI for easy differentiation from Spectre LTD, coincidentally also had their own version of a 180 lower, called the Lynx, in the works. They had not intended to release their lower's info just yet, but Spectre LTD releasing their own 180 lower caused a lot of questions to be sent their way about the LTD's lower, due to the name similarity, so SBI has released their product's info early to differentiate it from Spectre LTD's Spec 180. More info on each can be found in their respective threads on the Black Rifle subforum.

So, to directly answer your original question, we have two takes on the same type of product, svelter lowers compatible with Canadian 180B based rifles, from two different manufacturers. Its excellent to see a diversity of products in the Canadian marketplace!

Thanks very much
This is what I thought but the similar name coincidence made me second guess, that was nice and clear, my thanks sir

Anyone have a picture of what these will look like on a WK-180C? Since it won't utilize the rear takedown pin, I was thinking it might look a bit strange.

Wolverine mentioned separate listings for the WK and MCR versions of the receiver. I suspect the WK version will lack the hold the rear takedown/anti-shimmy pin, and that version will be meant for the original AR180B upper, as well. Spectre LTD may want to see if NoDak would like to sell their lower in the States, as a svelter aluminum lower for legacy AR180Bs may be appreciated down their as well.

Wolverine mentioned separate listings for the WK and MCR versions of the receiver. I suspect the WK version will lack the hold the rear takedown/anti-shimmy pin, and that version will be meant for the original AR180B upper, as well. Spectre LTD may want to see if NoDak would like to sell their lower in the States, as a svelter aluminum lower for legacy AR180Bs may be appreciated down their as well.

Ahh.... I wasn't paying attention to the part after that shows two separate SKU numbers.

Are lower parts kits going to be available?

Really only one part for certain is 180 specific, the 180 bolt catch (with optional bolt release instead also available). They did not make it clear if they redesigned the trigger area to use shorter length standard AR-15 trigger pins, or if they will be using the longer AR-180 pins found on the original MCR and predecessor lowers. The trigger should be any of the triggers available that fit exiting 180 designs without fitment, or minimum fitment to deal with the 180 bolt catch. The Safety should be any standard AR-15 safety that has previously been shown to work on the Canadian 180 platforms.

Back
Top Bottom