WS-MCR ''New'' lower receiver available to order

The black dot above and to the left of the safety is not a bolt release is it?

It's where the bolt release goes if you buy one spec comes as bolt hold open (run the gun dry and the bolt locks back). Though mine appears to be more of a external bolt hold open and does not want to drop the bolt. Maybe it'll wear in.

It's where the bolt release goes if you buy one spec comes as bolt hold open (run the gun dry and the bolt locks back). Though mine appears to be more of a external bolt hold open and does not want to drop the bolt. Maybe it'll wear in.

It's just an external bolt hold open, I don't believe it's designed to drop the bolt at all.

If you look at the bolt itself there is a little triangular area on the left side, and the top part of the bolt hold open is almost like a fishing hook.

When you try to release the bolt it's acting similar to a trigger sear, and you have a few angles and other forces to overcome before the bolt drops. This is different in an AR which works because the bolt hold open is just a flat plate that rests against the bolt, and levers out of the way vertically.

With the WK/MCR you should just pull the charging handle back and release. The hold open spring will pop it down and out of the way and your bolt will be cleared to go all the way forward.

I could be wrong, but I believe that if you use the hold open, as a bolt release often enough, you'll probably mar it up and run into other issues/breakage.

It's just an external bolt hold open, I don't believe it's designed to drop the bolt at all.

If you look at the bolt itself there is a little triangular area on the left side, and the top part of the bolt hold open is almost like a fishing hook.

When you try to release the bolt it's acting similar to a trigger sear, and you have a few angles and other forces to overcome before the bolt drops. This is different in an AR which works because the bolt hold open is just a flat plate that rests against the bolt, and levers out of the way vertically.

With the WK/MCR you should just pull the charging handle back and release. The hold open spring will pop it down and out of the way and your bolt will be cleared to go all the way forward.

I could be wrong, but I believe that if you use the hold open, as a bolt release often enough, you'll probably mar it up and run into other issues/breakage.

Yup. I'm just too used to the dual purpose wonder that the AR15 uses.

Eagerly awaiting the email for you guys to take my money and ship these out.
Aug 16, 21:00 ish mtn time, Spectre “we are shipping some every week, you should have it soon” fingers crossed spectre Steve, fingers crossed

So I was one of the first to inquire about these, before it was even handed off to wolverine ordered mine with a custom serial and it's been crickets since. pretty much to the point i'd just say screw it and move on lol.

So I was one of the first to inquire about these, before it was even handed off to wolverine ordered mine with a custom serial and it's been crickets since. pretty much to the point i'd just say screw it and move on lol.

The first batch we received was of the standard serial number array. We have yet to receive any of the custom serials that were initially available to order.

The first batch we received was of the standard serial number array. We have yet to receive any of the custom serials that were initially available to order.

Appreciate the response, what kind of lead time are we talking to get the custom lowers out then? my order was ORD00058595 I had sent an email asking about them yesterday aswell.

Appreciate the response, what kind of lead time are we talking to get the custom lowers out then? my order was ORD00058595 I had sent an email asking about them yesterday aswell.

We have been told, by Spectre, that they shipped ALL of the custom MCR lowers with serial numbers to us, though we have yet to see them. Hopefully we will receive them all soon.

Have not received any of the WK lowers yet. still waiting on production date info from Spectre as some of the things they have been saying on social media don't 100% correlate with the reality of what we have received so far physically. We appreciate everyone's patience.

Back
Top Bottom