Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: WS-MCR ''New'' lower receiver available to order

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by S-357 View Post
    The black dot above and to the left of the safety is not a bolt release is it?
    It's where the bolt release goes if you buy one spec comes as bolt hold open (run the gun dry and the bolt locks back). Though mine appears to be more of a external bolt hold open and does not want to drop the bolt. Maybe it'll wear in.
    The right to buy weapons is the right to be free.
    Bureaucracy not an instrument of democratic government but, on the contrary, the worst enemy of freedom and democracy.
    If the penalty for a crime is a fine, then that law only applies to the poor.

Quote Originally Posted by BioPace View Post
    It's where the bolt release goes if you buy one spec comes as bolt hold open (run the gun dry and the bolt locks back). Though mine appears to be more of a external bolt hold open and does not want to drop the bolt. Maybe it'll wear in.
    It's just an external bolt hold open, I don't believe it's designed to drop the bolt at all.

If you look at the bolt itself there is a little triangular area on the left side, and the top part of the bolt hold open is almost like a fishing hook.

When you try to release the bolt it's acting similar to a trigger sear, and you have a few angles and other forces to overcome before the bolt drops. This is different in an AR which works because the bolt hold open is just a flat plate that rests against the bolt, and levers out of the way vertically.

With the WK/MCR you should just pull the charging handle back and release. The hold open spring will pop it down and out of the way and your bolt will be cleared to go all the way forward.

I could be wrong, but I believe that if you use the hold open, as a bolt release often enough, you'll probably mar it up and run into other issues/breakage.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by binarycrystal View Post
    It's just an external bolt hold open, I don't believe it's designed to drop the bolt at all.

If you look at the bolt itself there is a little triangular area on the left side, and the top part of the bolt hold open is almost like a fishing hook.

When you try to release the bolt it's acting similar to a trigger sear, and you have a few angles and other forces to overcome before the bolt drops. This is different in an AR which works because the bolt hold open is just a flat plate that rests against the bolt, and levers out of the way vertically.

With the WK/MCR you should just pull the charging handle back and release. The hold open spring will pop it down and out of the way and your bolt will be cleared to go all the way forward.

I could be wrong, but I believe that if you use the hold open, as a bolt release often enough, you'll probably mar it up and run into other issues/breakage.
    Yup. I'm just too used to the dual purpose wonder that the AR15 uses.
    The right to buy weapons is the right to be free.
    Bureaucracy not an instrument of democratic government but, on the contrary, the worst enemy of freedom and democracy.
    If the penalty for a crime is a fine, then that law only applies to the poor.

Where did the pics in this thread go? I wanted to show someone but they’re gone.
    "The Just Society will be one in which the rights of minorities will be safe from the whims of intolerant majorities."
    – Pierre Elliot Trudeau

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by MuthaFunk View Post
    Where did the pics in this thread go? I wanted to show someone but they’re gone.
    Check out the black rifle subforum thread on this receiver for pictures. -> https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/foru...r-WK-MCR-AR180

Any updates Wolverine?

Business Member
    Cold and unforgiving Siberian tundra fighting bears with my bare hands.
    Quote Originally Posted by ColinD View Post
    Any updates Wolverine?
    We are still waiting to receive them. Hopefully we will be able to start shipping late August according to what I was quoted.

CGN Regular
    Eagerly awaiting the email for you guys to take my money and ship these out.
    Aug 16, 21:00 ish mtn time, Spectre “we are shipping some every week, you should have it soon” fingers crossed spectre Steve, fingers crossed

Can’t wait either. Got a new stock, trigger and grip ready to go for this.

CGN Regular
    Any update wolverine? Sounds like spectre is sending them to you weekly. Are you guys just waiting to get large #’s before you fulfill orders?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast