CZ 457 Barreled Action .22lr Varmint Match 20" 1/2x28

Received the Action and bolt, besides the items , , there is a square metal piece pack separately, any idea the purpose of this thing,? Thanks

Are these eventually going to be available in other calibres (17 HMR in particular)? I’ll probably have an extra 457 stock kicking around and would rather not buy a whole new rifle…

i see these are still available. my concern is the barrel? what are the specs? i can buy a 457 synthetic for 599.00. now, if it has a “good” barrel it might be worth getting the action and going with KRG or MDT for the chassis.. to be determined.

i see these are still available. my concern is the barrel? what are the specs? i can buy a 457 synthetic for 599.00. now, if it has a “good” barrel it might be worth getting the action and going with KRG or MDT for the chassis.. to be determined.

You will be better off buying a MDT xrs chassis with the barreled action as whole set, about $1200.
Considering the barrel itself already 800 and mdt xrs chassis is 700, you get a better deal than buying the barrel alone

Last edited:

The internet is a strange place. Other forums are saying the accuracy out of the MTR barrels are Usually better than standard CZ barrels but not always. I have no idea if there is any truth to this. From what I see with my own eyes at PRS matches, they seem to be keeping up with the the front of the pack(MTR). Almost everybody throws it into a chassis. This was a smoking deal at the time. I paid 970 for a pro Varmint without the MTR barrel. Had this been available when I was looking it would’ve been a no brainer. ORYX Chassis paired with this makes for a super affordable tack driver. The 457 Synthetic has a much smaller diameter barrel and really isn’t in the same class.

Back
Top Bottom