Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: M1 Garand Tipo 2 .308Win Surplus Good Condition Italian

$2500 for a mix and match Garand with scratches, dents, minor pitting and rust in good condition. Wtf! This is a joke. I guess you're paying to say you have a Garand in the safe.

CGN Regular
    All in with tax about $3,000, it seems steep for what they are to me, how much higher can they go, $4000 for a garand in 2 years? There's a lot of amazing guns you can get for $3000 and I think I'm out at that price point for these, damn really want one too!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer themarauder's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thiopento View Post
    All in with tax about $3,000, it seems steep for what they are to me, how much higher can they go, $4000 for a garand in 2 years? There's a lot of amazing guns you can get for $3000 and I think I'm out at that price point for these, damn really want one too!
    Paid $350 for mine in 1993. Sold it in 1996 for $400. I've regretted it ever since, as I know I'll never own another.
    "Obviously a registry makes it easier to prohibit firearms," said Wendy Cukier (Coalition for Gun Control) - Right from the horse's mouth.

I ended up just sending it and buying one from Tenda, hoping that I get a nice example. Unfortunately, it seems that surplus firearms just keep getting more and more expensive, like only 6 years ago I remember going to the gun store with my dad and seeing 200 dollar sks's, 300 SVT's, 600 k98's, etc.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by frankthegreek View Post
    I ended up just sending it and buying one from Tenda, hoping that I get a nice example. Unfortunately, it seems that surplus firearms just keep getting more and more expensive, like only 6 years ago I remember going to the gun store with my dad and seeing 200 dollar sks's, 300 SVT's, 600 k98's, etc.
    Heh yep, I remember buying the SVT40 + 880rds of 7.62x54r combo special for $500 I think. $1000 Russian Capture k98s and $1000 SVT40s now fair enough ... just $3000 for a well loved milsurp, particularly I don't know how 'special' you can call these garand compared to say WW2 era ones, I dont think they saw any famous service after being birthed in Italy with WW2 components. If I'd known these would be $3000 I would've got one of the sniper variants for only 40% more, for sure there cant be too many of those and they were the whole kit and caboodle!

Quote Originally Posted by themarauder View Post
    Paid $350 for mine in 1993. Sold it in 1996 for $400. I've regretted it ever since, as I know I'll never own another.
    Did the same.. sold mine for 500.. Springfield too… miss those days..

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345