Page 1 of 12 12345678911 ... LastLast

Thread: $700 sks?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Johnyy's Avatar

$700 sks?

Hi, I was browsing your website & seen this: https://www.canadaammo.com/product/d...ommercial-sks/

Wondering what makes this Commercial' Chinese' SKS so valuable? I thought it was a Model 'D' at first..but doesn't look like it. What does the 'Commercial' designation mean? Thnx-

Wow. I have one of these in my display case. Paid 150 for it all matching. Not near as good quality as the military ones if it's the same rifle I'm thinking of, with the Chinese lettering?

North

I can't imagine any Norinco SKS being worth that money. Kind of curious as to why they're asking so much for it though.

BANNED
    Hope CA chimes in and explain why it's priced that high

When Canadian Tire pulled all their SKS over the Vegas shooting, there was an attempt to argue that it was because of an impending in crease in price and availability. This may be that finally happening.

CGN Regular
    Maybe they meant $69.99? Lol

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Canadiankeeper's Avatar
    Noticed it the other day. Assumed it was a mistake. lol

The ONLY way I would pay $700 for an SKS would be if it came with a case, and inside that case was $575 cash....
    “Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what's for lunch; Liberty is a well armed sheep contesting that vote“
    “In free governments, the rulers are the servants and the people their superiors and sovereigns.” - Benjamin Franklin

Guessing here, but this appears to be a non-surplus gun, and that is the real price of what a gun like the SKS would cost today if it were made and then imported as new. Wouldn't be any cosmo in that thing.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by devolut View Post
    Guessing here, but this appears to be a non-surplus gun, and that is the real price of what a gun like the SKS would cost today if it were made and then imported as new. Wouldn't be any cosmo in that thing.
    i was looking at the picture closely and tend to agree with you. It looks like its brand new vs surplus. makes sense, +50 yrs of abuse and depreciation would make a $700 gun worth $250

Page 1 of 12 12345678911 ... LastLast