Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Possible Safety concern

TPS Arms eh ? Total Piece of S### Arms ?

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by apexanimal View Post
    IRG warranty info from the horses mouth. If you're without a gun for a few months it sucks, but hardly a fault of irg.
    https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/foru...-from-IRUNGUNS
    Kinda but not really if they have one in stock.

CGN frequent flyer hannibal.black98's Avatar
    Just wearing to hear from IRG...phone calls are fruitless
    Glock people... *face palm* - Valaden (I love it!!!) ---- In NO way and at NO time is your airsoft gun ever a "beast" LOLLL ----
    Team 7.62x51mm - Multicam Black Gang - .45Auto holes > 9mm holes -

CGN Ultra frequent flyer yomomma's Avatar
    My first thought, oversized firing pin hole
    https://youtube.com/c/YomommasWildlands

Uber Super GunNutz
    OP, you have kind of a dilemma - those clues were there on first or second round - yet you went ahead and fired 50 x 357 and then 33 x 410 - at the time, from what you wrote, must not have been concerning you too much - but it is now? Your "safety concern" does not quite follow through?

CGN Regular
    Near Barrie, ON and close to Wasaga Beach/Midland
    Read the post again miner.... the whole thing...
    Said he didn't notice it until he checked his brass and hulls later on

Quote Originally Posted by Potashminer View Post
    OP, you have kind of a dilemma - those clues were there on first or second round - yet you went ahead and fired 50 x 357 and then 33 x 410 - at the time, from what you wrote, must not have been concerning you too much - but it is now? Your "safety concern" does not quite follow through?
    I said during firing nothing at all was wrong...sound/feel/recoil/loading and extracting, groups/patterns were all normal. Picked up all my brass/hulls when I was done and went home. Cleaned my gun and the went to sort/put away my empties and that is when I noticed the issues.

I just don't want to put excessive wear and tear on the gun until it fails or worse...
    Glock people... *face palm* - Valaden (I love it!!!) ---- In NO way and at NO time is your airsoft gun ever a "beast" LOLLL ----

Quote Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
    Kinda but not really if they have one in stock.
    A straight up exchange would be ideal, even if just for the the receiver half. Waiting on a IRG reply.

Uber Super GunNutz
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyjackrabbit View Post
    Read the post again miner.... the whole thing...
    Said he didn't notice it until he checked his brass and hulls later on
    I had read the whole thing. A difference in perspective I guess. I have ended up buying enough used and new things that ended up as being "junk", that I expect something to be improper in new-to-me stuff, until I have satisfied myself it is okay. That includes things with motors, wiring, even something as simple as a drill bit that requires the steel should be a minimum quality and suitably hardened. Which many times I have discovered was not done well, or not previously taken care of. But was a "good deal" to buy. Someone else may presume the thing is okay, until finding something wrong. As a result, from numerous re-builds that I do for myself, numerous "used" purchases, numerous "new" made-in-China (or similar places) things, I can not imagine taking out a new-to-me firearm (made by anyone - last one was a Mark V Weatherby, next one to go will be a new-to-me Ruger 77) and not inspecting for signs of problems as I shoot it, right from the first round. Until I am satisfied that it is fine. I am too old to enjoy surprises anymore...
    Last edited by Potashminer; 08-01-2021 at 06:01 PM.

Please give Brandon a call at our U.S. office 928-505-6794. He was an Armorer for the US army, he can share his thoughts with you to see if it is a warranty issue.

The IRUNGUNS Team

Quote Originally Posted by hannibal.black98 View Post
    Hey IRG,

I purchased a TPS Arms M6 Takedown in (.357Magnum/.410) from you guys (gun was already at your Canada location) about a month ago (order #28685)...cool/fun gun and I finally got some free time to take it out and have some things that are concerning...

I had pretty big cratering in ALL 50 of my fired .357 round primers (ammo was FACTORY...Brass Blaser 158gr JHP). No punctured primers but they were cratered enough that they did stick out and were no longer flush.

https://imgur.com/r3pa7Xx

I fired 33 rounds of .410 with a mix of 3" and 2 1/2" shells (ammo was FACTORY...Federal #7.5 2 1/2", Remington 3" 00 Buck and Challanger #6 2 1/2") and 5 of those 33 rounds punctured a primer.

https://imgur.com/Gb81zuv

Here is a photo of the breach end...looks normal to me?

https://imgur.com/NvWGjuh

Gun was inspected/cleaned and oiled before usage and during usage nothing unusual happened...recoil, sound, loading and extracting, groupings and patterning were all total normal. Gun was cleaned after and nothing unusual there either, it wasn't until I looked at my bag of brass and empty hulls that I noticed this.

---

Should I be concerned? If so...what are the next step/s to take?

Thanks,

- David

Flat rate shipping to Canada is 25.00USD on all accessory and ammunition orders regardless of quantities ordered. Firearms are exported to Canada at a flat rate of 25.00USD per firearm.

The IRUNGUNS Team

www.irunguns.ca
    www.irunguns.com

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast