Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Possible Safety concern

CGN frequent flyer hannibal.black98's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IRUNGUNS View Post
    We would like to know as well. The customer has yet to reach out to us.

The IRUNGUNS Team
    Mutli phone calls have been made...almost impossible to get through and unable to leave a message unless with a person and I've done so 2x.

I am still also waiting on my scope base for this TPS M6 that was ordered and paid for months ago...
    Glock people... *face palm* - Valaden (I love it!!!) ---- In NO way and at NO time is your airsoft gun ever a "beast" LOLLL ----
    Team 7.62x51mm - Multicam Black Gang - .45Auto holes > 9mm holes -

CGN frequent flyer hannibal.black98's Avatar
    ***double tap***
    Glock people... *face palm* - Valaden (I love it!!!) ---- In NO way and at NO time is your airsoft gun ever a "beast" LOLLL ----
    Team 7.62x51mm - Multicam Black Gang - .45Auto holes > 9mm holes -

Please PM us your contact info and order number I will forward it to Brandon and have him reach out to you.

Flat rate shipping to Canada is 25.00USD on all accessory and ammunition orders regardless of quantities ordered. Firearms are exported to Canada at a flat rate of 25.00USD per firearm.

The IRUNGUNS Team

www.irunguns.ca
    www.irunguns.com

So here is my experience today after trying out my .357/.410 combo. 2 blown primers in the .357 and 2 in .410
    Now I'm not going to go into great detail about all the ammo as I don't believe that is the issue.
    I believe there are 4 possible reasons for this, and if you own this firearm you can look at yours to understand my view point.
    When I lift my guns breach lock slowly the spring pressure from the extractor starts forcing the breach to open but that spring pressure doesn't allow it to re-close unless force is applied by myself to re-close it. I believe when you fire the gun, the recoil it causing the breach lock to "jump" now it could be "jumping" because the extractor it applying to much force, or the breach lock spring is too weak, or one or both parts of the breach lock has not been machined to proper spec. or a combination of all, some or something else I haven't thought of, I don't know.
    All I know it that out of the 40 rounds of .357 my breach was opened after 9 of those rounds were fired. In case someone thinks this is a "design feature" for quicker loading I don't want to hear about it/not funny.
    A firearms breach should never open from firing unless you physically open it.
    Not a gunsmith and don't pretend to be, but on my rifle the breach is attempting to open, and I feel this is the reason I have so many primers that show unusual signs(more than just the 2 blown ones).
    I feel confident that downward pressure on the barrel when firing would allow the breach to open faster, and allow for possible case head separation, but I wasn't willing to sacrifice my face to prove a point.
    I will contact TPS first to see what their take is on my issue. Just wanted to let the OP know he's not alone on this one.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I wonder if this is only an issue with the 357mag version

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brutus's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chasseur View Post
    I wonder if this is only an issue with the 357mag version
    Combination of the higher bore position and the mere stirrup or horseshoe that ties it all together.
    Combined with 357 pressures.

perhaps ???
    Canadian government runs on trans, gays and French speaking women. Let them fight the next war over there.
    Myself i will crack a beer and merely watch.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    On my TPS 410 o/u version it takes some pressure to break the gun open for loading.It does sound that possibly your breech block lock spring may be defective
    Last edited by chasseur; 08-27-2021 at 08:49 PM.

Well I have sent the firearm back to IRG for warranty service. It's all speculation as to the cause at this point, so I will wait until I receive it back to comment on what the issue was/is according to TPS Arms.

Either way, once it's fixed I'll be happy to have in my backpack again. I have a "thing" for breakdown/survival guns and this one checks off so many boxes in my mind. Can't wait to get it back.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345