Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Possible Safety concern

CGN frequent flyer hannibal.black98's Avatar

Possible Safety concern

Hey IRG,

I purchased a TPS Arms M6 Takedown in (.357Magnum/.410) from you guys (gun was already at your Canada location) about a month ago (order #28685)...cool/fun gun and I finally got some free time to take it out and have some things that are concerning...

I had pretty big cratering in ALL 50 of my fired .357 round primers (ammo was FACTORY...Brass Blaser 158gr JHP). No punctured primers but they were cratered enough that they did stick out and were no longer flush.

https://imgur.com/r3pa7Xx

I fired 33 rounds of .410 with a mix of 3" and 2 1/2" shells (ammo was FACTORY...Federal #7.5 2 1/2", Remington 3" 00 Buck and Challanger #6 2 1/2") and 5 of those 33 rounds punctured a primer.

https://imgur.com/Gb81zuv

Here is a photo of the breach end...looks normal to me?

https://imgur.com/NvWGjuh

Gun was inspected/cleaned and oiled before usage and during usage nothing unusual happened...recoil, sound, loading and extracting, groupings and patterning were all total normal. Gun was cleaned after and nothing unusual there either, it wasn't until I looked at my bag of brass and empty hulls that I noticed this.

---

Should I be concerned? If so...what are the next step/s to take?

Thanks,

- David
    Last edited by hannibal.black98; 07-31-2021 at 04:02 PM.
    Glock people... *face palm* - Valaden (I love it!!!) ---- In NO way and at NO time is your airsoft gun ever a "beast" LOLLL ----
    Team 7.62x51mm - Multicam Black Gang - .45Auto holes > 9mm holes -

Those firing pins look like they are a little to tall and punching too deep and hard. That don't look right to me. I had that issue with a old colt revolver and had to take a bit off the firing pin and reshape and polish it then was smooth from there.

Sorry hope this helps a little
    ***Terms of all sales***
    -"I'll take it" with payment trumps all dialogue
    - Insurance is Buyers responsibly, so please request

view photos ask your wife BEFORE making offers

Quote Originally Posted by derek2007 View Post
    Those firing pins look like they are a little to tall and punching too deep and hard. That don't look right to me. I had that issue with a old colt revolver and had to take a bit off the firing pin and reshape and polish it then was smooth from there.

Tuning up an old revolver is one thing but you should not have to take a file or stone to a new gun!

Thought that might be a solution...but I also don't want to void any warranty.

I just want a safe to use gun and one that will remain reliable especially as it was bought for hunting/survival!!!
    Glock people... *face palm* - Valaden (I love it!!!) ---- In NO way and at NO time is your airsoft gun ever a "beast" LOLLL ----

Oh ya that would be going back for warranty as I wouldn't mess with it. But if the QC is that far asleep I'm sure warranty and service will be non existent anyways lol

Hope it gets fixed
    ***Terms of all sales***
    -"I'll take it" with payment trumps all dialogue
    - Insurance is Buyers responsibly, so please request

view photos ask your wife BEFORE making offers

Oh ya that would be going back for warranty as I wouldn't mess with it. But if the QC is that far asleep I'm sure warranty and service will be non existent anyways lol

Hope it gets fixed
    Just wondering if this route will be an issue...if IRG.ca will exchange it out for me or leave me in the dark or "help me" but be without a gun for months on end...

Fit and finish on this overall tho is quite good I must say.

CGN Regular
    IRG warranty info from the horses mouth. If you're without a gun for a few months it sucks, but hardly a fault of irg.
    https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/foru...-from-IRUNGUNS

Super Moderator
    Breech face photo...
    What do the firing pins look like when pressed forward? Undersized pins/oversized holes will produce what you are seeing.

Anyway, something is wrong, send the gun back.

Quote Originally Posted by tiriaq View Post
    Breech face photo...
    What do the firing pins look like when pressed forward? Undersized pins/oversized holes will produce what you are seeing.

Anyway, something is wrong, send the gun back.
    The firing pins seem to clear the holes just fine without any noticeable drag or clearance issues. I can try to snap a picture tomorrow.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by tiriaq View Post
    something is wrong, send the gun back.

^this

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast